Latino Weddings
Options

POLL: Favors

Hola chicas! I was wondering what kind of favors are you giving out to the guests? I would like to see what everyone else is doing for inspiration purpose. I would love to do a candy buffet if budget allows. Thinking about incorporating candy representing our countries (Puerto Rico & Nicaragua/Guatemala). Gracias!

Re: POLL: Favors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dominican cake!! I love it, my FI is half Dominican and my family can't live without this cake. We're giving it away in boxes at the end of the night, along with empty boxes that the guests can stuff with the ginourmous Viennese table spread desserts. But the Dominican cake is our "official" favor. White box with our monogram as a sticker on it.
  • Options
    drod58drod58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a candy buffet, plus giving a full size wine bottle with stopper, one per couple. I'm also giving away the centerpieces.  I will do the napkin game for this.  So, one person on each table will get the centerpiece.I like your idea of typical candies.  A mi me hubiera gustado hacer eso, pero aqui en New Jersey no se encuentran mucho, y si los encuentro son muy caros.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did a candy buffet, you can see pics on my knot planning bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing mini tequila bottles w/ a custom label w/ our name and date.  We're also pairing it w/ a mini jarrito.  For the kids I was thinking of getting these cookies that I found called 'dichos'.http://www.dichosonline.com/But I'm not sure yet. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing full size wine bottles with custom labels per person.  Kinkos actually made them pretty cheap for us :) I've never had Dominican cake! Care to post the recipe?
  • Options
    ingrid95ingrid95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hola, I want to do something a little different. Since my FI is from New Mexico and since New Mexico's official state question is "Red or Green?" Referring to New Mexican's obsession with their Chile sauce. We are going to have red and green chile flavored popcorn in a clear bag with a custom label. It might sound awful, but I tasted it and trust me, it's good! :-)
  • Options
    ingrid95ingrid95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I forgot to mention, that I'm dominican and I love dominican cake. We will be having it too! Yum!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hola muchachas... Finally I found mis latinas!!! jaja... For the regalos, my FI and I are musicians and we are having a traditional mexican wedding using the "epoca de oro" as our inspiration and so we are recording a CD with all of original songs that we have written for eachother through the years. We are going to mock the cover CD for Linda Rondstants "Canciones de mi padre" but adding in a horse since my FI is a charro... I didn't know what else to come up with, I figured its something personal that our guests could enjoy... what do you think?
  • Options
    ozarka020ozarka020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll be baking Bizcochitos, a type of NM cookie that is usually made for Christmas and other celebrations.  My aunts are helping me make bite-size cookies that we'll be putting in little tins for everyone.  I'm also thinking about mini jars of salsa from our favorite restaurant in ABQ with a custom label of our monogram or something.  Just want to incorporate something from the area and our culture.I think your candy idea is great! 
  • Options
    ingrid95ingrid95 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ozarka, Before we decided to go with the popcorn, I wanted to do mini jars of red chile and green chile sauce, but I couldn't find them anywhere. I could only find the 16 oz jars. Are you getting your mini jars ready made or are you getting empty jars and filling them yourself? I thought of doing that, but was concerned about the shelf life. Gracias, Ingrid
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cyntirita, I think that's a great idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yummmmy! Dominican cake!! We were gonna do typical Puertorican "capias" But it seems just so old fashioned and more geared towards baby showers..I dunno, correct me if Im wrong. So my titi in Puerto Rico is going to knit some flowers with a personalized ribbon on them. They will be put in basket so that during dinner me and FH can hand one out to each guest as we thank them for joining us. I also am considering doing cookies in shapes of rings, dresses or cakes at each guests place setting. The cookies will be placed in a clear bag with a personalized or colored ribbon with a monogram sticker. Orrrrrrrrrrrrrr...LOL! Little favor boxes in our colors with m&ms or hershey kisses in them. No se, Im so indecisive..LOL!!
    Melissa ~ Wife to Eddie; Soccer Mom to Mikel, Mikaela & Baby #3 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    drod58drod58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OHHHHH, las famosas capias...Nunca pueden faltar in a Puertorrican Party :)
  • Options
    ozarka020ozarka020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ingrid - Wow, sorry for the time lapse -     I found glass jars at Hobby Lobby.  They were $2 each for 4 oz jars.  since our guest list is 150+ that would be too expensive for us.  Plus we would have had to special order all of them since the store doesn't keep that many in stock.      So that killed our idea.  If we had fewer guests, I would love to do it.  I also searched online for wholesale companies that we could get them from but couldn't really come up with anything.  honestly, as soon as my aunt offered to bake the bizcochitos, I stopped pursuing the salsa idea.    that was likely unhelpful, but i didn't want to not respond at all.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards