Latino Weddings
Options

how do you...

ask your family members to help for the wedding, I'm posting on this board because Latinas have more of an understanding of what i'm taking about. I know no one is responsible for paying for the wedding, but you know how there are certain padrinos and madrinas over aspects of the wedding, well my Mom told me we need to start asking, but I don't know how to do that I never even had a Quinceanera.
~yovey~ BabyName Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: how do you...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Funny I just had a talk with my mom on how this is supposed to be done. I don't have any padrinos but I asked my brother and sister in law to give me the arras and apparently I did it wrong. Mom said you are supposed to take them to dinner or go to their house and tell them that you would be honored if they were a part of your wedding and then ask for what you need them to do. My mom is super traditional so I hope this helps. Good luck  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I spoke to my mom about this too. She told me that my relatives are willing to chip in towards the wedding. So I spoke to my aunt and sister to express how expensive weddings can be and they both offered to help contribute towards the cake and flowers. My mom reassured me to not worry because family stick together and help each other out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom comes from a tradional Mexican family so when someone got married ,had a Quinceanera,or baptism(we have a huge family) the family members would ask the person that they had in mind to be a padrino or madrina,or someone (family/friend)would ask to contribute in buying the cake, food,etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have between 10-12 padrinos for our wedding. All we did was go to their homes to announce our marriage date and then tell them that we would be honored for them to join us as padrinos. Most of our family members were already expecting this! I think what has helped us is that we did not put a fixed amount for them to give us. We told them that we knew times were hard and they could help us with whatever they could. A lot of our padrinos were relieved when we told them this and many of them have helped us with over $200 each. Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards