Latino Weddings

I'm New

Hello Ladies just thought I would introduce myself and tell you a little about me since I know I'm going to be here alot. My name is Eugenia, but everyone calls me Genie and my Dh name is Francisco. We are both hispanic, but I was born and raised here and my Dh was born in culican, Sinaloa, Mx. So in other words I'm white washed and him and his family are more traditional Mexicans.We have been married for 6 yrs. now and have to children aryanna 4 and Roman 1 1/2. We got married at the court house, but we always talked about having a church wedding what we call a "real wedding" So now that we are finacially stable we are finally planning our "real wedding"/ re-newal on Sept 18, 2010 which we are super excited about. We will be getting married at  the Cathedral of our lady of the Angels in the heart of Downtown L.A. and we will also have our reception in there ball room. I am so excited to have found this site since alot of people don't get the mexcian traditions. So I will be here quit often and I hope I don't bug.  

Re: I'm New

• drod58drod58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board.My name is Dora.I am more or less like in your situation.  I got married only by the judge and she went to the house for the ceremony, and now we are getting married by the church and having, like you said "Our Real Wedding".  The only difference is that I will be celebrating my 25th Wedding Anniversary.  My wedding will be December 12th, three days before my actual wedding date, Dec. 15th.  in New Jersey.We are Puertorrican, he was born in PR and raised in NJ, I was born and raised in PR.In this board there are a whole bunch of nice girls.
  • latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Genie, my name is Ana and I'm from L.A too, (born & raised)I don't live there anymore but that is where my heart is,I'm glad you joined us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Genie03Genie03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you ladies drod58: OMG!!! Congrats on the 25 yrs. Marriage is hard to I applaude you and your DH a thousand times. and good for you for finally getting your wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!I was born in Stockton (near Modesto)... not too close to LA, but still in CA! My heart's still there!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! I am also married and planning our vow renewal as well. We also want to get married in church. My name is Jennifer and my DH's name is Jorge. We have a 3 year old daughter as well. Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards