Latino Weddings
Options

**latina40299**

I just pulled up my "friends" list for the first time ever--yes, I'm that ridiculous--and noticed you were on there!  Anyway, I've friended you.So, you're in Louisville?  How is planning a Mex wedding in KY?  A lot of people had doubts it could be done in Indy, but they forget: we do house a consulate here.When's your wedding?
Matt loves Munkii!!!

Re: **latina40299**

• Options
    latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you munkii, I noticed you got married recently so Congratulations !! were planning a Oct 2011 wedding so I have alot of time to plan but there is the Mexican heritage that we want to incorporate with the Vintage feel and I don't know how to bring those two together especially living out here,were kind of limited. I have a few ideas like a spanish & english Invitations, checking out the Mariachi Band/s and I'm crossing my fingers that I can find a Authentic Mexican restaurant that can cater at a reasonable price of course. I also got this crazy idea of having someone that knows how to make churros make them for our guests but that is just a dream right now since I have never ate or seen anyone sell them out here. so wish me luck. I have a stupid question, what type of help did the consulate provide? and I'm so happy that you were able to have the wedding of your dreams,sorry so long.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not a stupid question. We didn't get direct help from them.  However, with them here, there are a lot of resources available and a lot of contacts that can be made.  For example, the event manager at the restaurant we used has consulate contacts that were able to get him in touch with the mariachi band they use for all their events (they don't advertise or have a website).  He now uses them for all his events and was able to get us in touch with them.  Also, because of that him, we were able to book them for a significant lower amount than another bride I know did (she approached them directly at an event).  Definitely do the bilingual invites!  My family loved them, and it definitely shows that part of your family that you really went the extra mile to represent that part of you.  Completely not Mexican, but an idea I loved.  There was a girl on my club board from Louisville who used KFC buckets for her OOT boxes.  Good luck with your planning, and if you need ideas feel free to ask.  The next two years are going to fly by, and your wedding will be here before you know it!
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Options
    latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great Information and ideas and I will find out if we have a Mexican consulate here, I'm sure they would be alot of help if not then we will try to do the best we can with the resources that we have. you will definitely be hearing from me again ; ) Have a great weekend !!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards