Ohio-Northeast

Songs for the reception

I know this has been asked a million times but what songs are you having for:-Bridal party entrance-Bride/Groom entrance-Cake cutting-First dance-Father/Daughter-Mother/SonThanks!  We're thinking Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen for our entrance but I think maybe we need something faster?

Re: Songs for the reception

• devinandheididevinandheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    -Bridal party entranceTwo Step by DMB -Bride/Groom entranceAnts Marching by DMB-Cake cuttingI want a girl - a very old song that my FIL always sings to DH-First danceCollide - howie day-Father/DaughterI loved her first - my dad picked that out before we were engaged :)-Mother/SonHave I told you lately? - MIL always says that to DH & SIL
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Heidi!  Those are great songs!
  • devinandheididevinandheidi member
    edited December 2011
    you're welcome. as i noted, they were all sort of picked for a reason. nothing too deep, because they really don't play THAT long, but we definitely wanted to pick them and not just have our band decide :)
  • vmcelhanvmcelhan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here you go!-Parents/Flower girl/Jr's entrance: I've Got the World on a String by Michael Buble-Bridal party entrance: The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson-Bride/Groom entrance: Time After Time by Quietdrive-Cake cutting: Sugar Sugar by the Archies-First dance: Is This Love by Thomas Anderson-Father/Daughter: What a Wonderful World by Rod Stewart and Stevie Wonder-Mother/Son: Same as father/daughter, we did these simultaneously and then invited our guests to join us with their sons/daughters about half way through the song
  • edited December 2011
    -Bridal party entrance- Let it Rock- Kevin Rudolpf/Lil Wayne-Bride/Groom entrance- The Way You Look Tonight- Frank Sinatra.  Entered then went right into 1st dance-Cake cutting- Sugar, Sugar- The Archies-First dance- see above-Father/Daughter- I Lover Her First- Heartland then Crank That- Soulja Boy-Mother/Son- Blessed- Elton John
  • edited December 2011
    Entrances: Our DJs reversed the order of the two songs.  I actually can't remember the song DH picked for the bridal party, but we were supposed to enter to the  beginning part of Bittersweet Symphony by The VerveCake Cutting: And Then He Kissed Me (old song that DH likes...it's also in the Adventures in Babysitting Movie)First Dance: Fields of Gold by StingFather/Daughter and Mother/Son (done as one dance): What a Wonderful World--the Izzie K version (one of my dad's favorite singers).I like your idea of Crazy Little thing Called Love  :)  
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for sharing- you all picked such great songs!! 
  • anglndsguse44anglndsguse44 member
    edited December 2011
    Bridal party entrance - Glory Days by Bruce SpringsteinBride/Groom entrance - Baba O Riley by The Who (DH's favorite song)Cake cutting - I'm Yours by Jason MrazFirst dance - Someone Like You by Van MorrisonFather/Daughter - In My Life by the BeatlesMother/Son - Forever Young by Rod Stewart
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Bridal Party and Bride/Groom Entrance: Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def LeopardCake Cutting: Cut the Cake by Average White BandFirst Dance: Lost in the Moment by Big & RichParent Dance (we did a combined one): Wonderful World
    BFP #1 8.16.10 m/c at 5w BFP #2 10.21.10 m/c at 5w4d
    BFP #3 2.15.11 EDD 10.27.11. DD born 10.29.11
    Betas @9dpo = 23 Betas @12dpo= 128.5 Betas @17dpo= 1075 Betas @21dpo =5800s
    @6w hb 114 bpm! @8w4d hb 178 bpm! @12w hb 169 bpm! @18w hb 150 bpm!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • jchapman330jchapman330 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Party Entrance- Chris Brown Forever Bride and Groom- Hang on Sloopy (O-H-I-O) and we will be buckeyed out :) Cake Cutting- was going to be Adam Sandlers Grow old with you but we changed it to Lucky by Jason Mraz (as I think FI is singing me the Adam Sandler song, he has a history of serenading me very loudly in front of large groups of people) First Dance-Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd FI picked it, gotta love it for only that reason Father/Daughter- No dance Mother/Son, we will see We are also using Plain White tees 1,2,3,4 for the seating of grandmas and moms and lighting of unity candle at the ceremony :)
  • edited December 2011
    -Bridal party entrance Me and my gang - Rascal Flatts -Bride/Groom entrance Would you go with me? - Josh Turner -Cake cutting This sounds ridiculous, but neither of us can remember. It was either "How Sweet it is to be loved by you" by James Taylor, or "Recipe for Makin' Love" by Harry Conick Jr. Beats the hell out of me. -First dance Lost in this moment - Big and Rich -Father/Daughter I actually don't know. It's a song my Dad picked out. -Mother/Son Couldn't tell ya. I know that sound sad, but I remember the really important ones, and the other ones just kind of fall into a little crevice in your mind. I remember everything else about the cake cutting but what music was playing. I remember the conversation I had with my Dad while we were dancing, but I can't even comprehend what song it was. This is what happens to you after you've been married for a bit. LOL
  • edited December 2011
    -Bridal party entrance:  " The Way You Make Me Feel" by MJ-Bride/Groom entrance: " You Get What You Give" Intro by the New Radicals-Cake cutting:  No clue, didn't even hear it...-First dance: "You're in my Heart" by Rod Stewart, it's always been our song-Father/Daughter "The Way You Look Tonight" Sinatra...my daddy's choice, he is old school-Mother/Son "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts, MIL's fav song, also the ONLY country song played at our wedding!For parent dances, we didn't combine them, but we did invite other parents/children on the dance floor about half way through the song, and everyone loved to participate.
  • edited December 2011
    We're having a band but we're hoping they can play Bridal Party Entrance: The way you make me feel - MJ no words, just music Our entrance: I got you Babe: Again to words, just music Cake: I got your babe (we're cutting our cake right after we enter) First Dance: How Sweet it is - James taylor (they learned how to play this song for us) Father Daughter: Child of Mine - Carol King Mother Son - TBA
  • art4mbgart4mbg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    -Bridal party entrance: The Final Countdown by Europe-Bride/Groom entrance: same as above-Cake cutting: don't know..didn't hear it-First dance: We are Man & Wife by Michelle Featherstone-Father/Daughter: N/A-Mother/Son: What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
  • edited December 2011
    -Bridal party entrance: I've gotta feeling. Black eyed peas-Bride/Groom entrance: same as above-Cake cutting: At last. Etta James-First dance: Keep holding on. Avril Lavigne-Father/Daughter: In my daughters eyes. Martina McBride-Mother/Son: Song for mama. Boyz II Men.We are also having mothers and sons dance half way through this song since it is so long. We will then kick off the dancing this way.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards