Latino Weddings

What Is This?

FI's family gave us all of our ceremony accessories. I know what they're all for except for one thing. There's this little bible-looking thing that says "our wedding" on it. The first few dozen pages are a script for the ceremony, the last  dozen or so pages are filled with advice for newlyweds. What is it? Is it involved in the ceremony? Who carries it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What Is This?

• aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:680Discussion:662f60a1-1834-46d4-a66c-978a375d9aabPost:f8d83e65-108c-4bb6-833f-61c42f44e6aa">What Is This?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI's family gave us all of our ceremony accessories. I know what they're all for except for one thing. There's this little bible-looking thing that says "our wedding" on it. The first few dozen pages are a script for the ceremony, the last  dozen or so pages are filled with advice for newlyweds. What is it? Is it involved in the ceremony? Who carries it?
    Posted by MrsG2B83[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of such.Weird....did you ask them
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    They never give me any straight answers. I asked them some simple questions about the ceremony and they gave me some weird answers. I asked when will the lasso be put around us and they said "during the ceremony". WELL DUH!
  • aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't find anything about the bible thing, but check out this about the lazo and the arras. :

El Lazo As part of the ceremony to symbolize unity, an extra-long strand of rosary beads or Lazo is placed in a figure eight shape around the necks of the couple after they have exchanged their vows. The symbolism of the lazo is to show the union and protection of marriage. Often, specific members of the wedding party are responsible for "lassoing" the Bride and Groom together after they kneel for the wedding prayer. Sometimes a white satin cord or rope is draped around the shoulders of the Bride and groom. Tradition requires the couple to wear the lasso for the remainder of the service. This act is symbolic of their love, which should bind the couple together everyday as they equally share the responsibility of marriage for the rest of their lives.Madrinas Y PadrinosIn Mexico, sponsors called padrinos act as mentors to the couple throughout the engagement and marriage. They are usually people who have played an important role in the lives of the bride and groom. The Padrinos help the bride and groom pay for the wedding. In addition to agreeing to pay for different aspects of the wedding, they also take part of the church services. For example, they may put the lazo around the couple during the ceremony or present the couple with the madrina de arras.
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I'm never heard of it. It might not even be anything crazily symbolic. It could just be a family tradition or something they pass down. That's one of the first things I think of when I see stuff with advice for newlyweds. Ask them again, and if there's no straight answer, then don't worry about it too much. Hey, they can't expect you to use certain things during the ceremony if they don't tell you how or what it's for!
  • edited December 2011
    Is it just a Bible geared towards Newlyweds?  Maybe thats what you read from when they read scripture for your ceremony? Dunno.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards