Latino Weddings

Invitations...

Maybe this will be answered...

I need a latina's point of view.  If I am inviting a whole family (mother, father 2 kids-21 and 25) who all live in the same house do you all feel that I have to send 3 different invites. 1 to parents and 1 to each kid?  Doesn't that seem ridiculously redundant?  Is it just me or would Hispanics find it dumb to recieve 3 invites to one house? For us family is FAMILY.  I know the answer I'll get if I write this on the etiquette board, just wondering if you girls are sending out individual invites to everyone who is over 18 who still lives at home.

Thanks in advanceSmile

weddingcake-1

Re: Invitations...

• You know, I'm in the same boat. I find it a little ridiculous as well. I'd say it depends. If you're very close to the family and you already know they aren't sticklers for American etiquette... then whatever, send them one invite for the whole family! But if you think they might actually care, then send them seperate invites. This is what I'm doing at least. Evaluating the families I'm sending invites to and seeing who will and won't care about specific rules.

I totally understand however. There are just some rules that don't make sense in our world lol. In most cases at least. GL girl! :)
  • Nancy00714Nancy00714 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    Thanks Nati!  Just wondered if anyone esle felt the same way I do.   How are things going with your wedding planning?

ooh!!  i just saw that you're getting married a week after me! 
    weddingcake-1
  • No prob! I don't think you're alone in this. :)

So you're a July bride! You should come by our month board sometime. We're very friendly and helpful :) There's a lot of girls there with your date!
  • I'm sending one per household in cases like that especially if i know them.  My family would think I've lost all common sense sending 3 invites to one house.  Prob get mad "Why is my family split up!"

"All I want is for you to be happy And, take this woman and make you my family And, finally you have found someone perfect And, finally you have found Yourself." -RHCP image
  • Exactly!  for example I have my cousin's family they are a husband, wife, and 2 kids (24 and 21).   What would a family do with 3 invitations?  Like it has nothing to do with saving money just not being redundant.
    weddingcake-1
  • Lol seriously.. sometimes certain rules just don't make sense.

Tinstarsunshine I LOOVE your shoes!! Are these store bought or DIY? Either way they're beautiful!! I love how you can still see the pink satin along with the glitter!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards