Latino Weddings

WORDING ON INVITATIONS: WHOSE NAME GOES FIRST??

I'm trying to figure out whose name goes first on the wedding invite. Everything I see in English lists the bride first then groom, but I think in most Mexican weddings the groom is listed first.
What has everyone seen?

Re: WORDING ON INVITATIONS: WHOSE NAME GOES FIRST??

• edited December 2011
    The ones I have seen show bride's name first.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • edited December 2011
    With a wedding...before the ceremony bride goes first, then after the ceremony groom goes first
  • CITALAUNICACITALAUNICA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_wording-invitations-name-goes-first?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:680Discussion:b9575d09-b402-4187-8ea8-45cbd3168f21Post:894f7377-f362-40e8-b507-eb82189dc7a7">Re: WORDING ON INVITATIONS: WHOSE NAME GOES FIRST??</a>:
    [QUOTE]With a wedding...before the ceremony bride goes first, then after the ceremony groom goes first
    Posted by fam6[/QUOTE]

agree with this^
  • edited December 2011
    I would say whatever looks and sounds the nicest ; )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I have heard of the groom's name going 1st because in mexico, him and his family pay for the wedding. In the U.S, the bride's family usually pays and their name (bride and her parents) go 1st on the invite. It depends on how traditional you want to get and if the guests are from here or Mexico....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards