Latino Weddings
Options

Rant....and Rave

I want to have mariachi during the cocktail hour and while we are introduced.  Just 1-2 hours...but I think it would add so much to our day!  Well, we are in St. Louis, MO.  And there is only one group I can even find and they want $1,500 for two hours.  Doesn't that seem high?  And, with no other groups in the area, there is no one to compare to and no one to compete with and help bring down prices.

But, at least I got a call today that my wedding dress has arrived!!! So, that is cheering me up.

Re: Rant....and Rave

• Options
    ExpatPumpkinExpatPumpkin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got a group out of Denver and paid about that much, so it doesn't seem excessive to me ;)  And they were such a great addition to our reception, so no regrets on the price...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is encouraging.  I really think they will add so much to the celebration.  And, it is helpful to know that this is an average price.  I just want to feel like we get a honest deal.  I may just have to go for it!  They play at a local restaurant on Fridays, so we are planning to go listen to them soon!

Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony will be in CA so I'm sure there will be many options available for me, but if I do them I was looking at spending about $800-900 and only for an hour or so while we are taking pictures after coming out of the church.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, thats good to hear.  I am glad to know that I am spending a fair amount for the service I am hiring.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW.  I got quotes for $400 to $500 for a trio, and $800 for the full on group.  Your quote seems a little high to me. 
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is what I thought initially, I was expecting more like the numbers you came up with...but you see, you are in California.  I am sure there are multiple groups to look into.  Based on the other comments, I think the price I was quoted was probably fairly good pricing, especially since we are in the middle of the Mid-West.  We have also been discussing the idea with friends, and it turns out a friend of a friend plays and has a group that gets together for fun, and they might be able to do our reception as a favor....so that will end up the best price ever!  Although, we will still pay them out of respect, but I am excited for it to be people we know and to feel like we aren't spending more than we planned for.
  • Options
    munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Late but...I'm in IN and only paid 800$.  It might help that we had a connection through the restaurant manager, but it is also the most popular mariachi in Indy.  Someone else I know paid 1200$ for just 1 hour, though, with a less popular band.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards