Latino Weddings

Need Advice Please.

Hello Ladies I am here seeking some advice. I have never posted on this board before but was told to ask on this board by the another Board to get better input.

So my fl is Hispanic and I am American.He is Catholic and I am in RCIA to become Catholic and will be Catholic on Easter Sunday ( our wedding is the saturday after Easter). Our church wants us to decide if we want to do the Mexican (Hispanic) traditions or just do the American tradition wedding or we can do a mix of both. We want to do a mix of both.

The only thing different i have noticed is the coins and the big rosary they put around you... I was also informed about the Mantilla.... Does anyone know of anything else or is that all?

We meet with our Father on Feb 10th and we want to have an answer for him but also want to ask him questions about it also..

Thanks for your help...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need Advice Please.

• edited December 2011
    Those are definitely the main additional parts of a Mexican Catholic service.  The arras and the laso.  And, a mantilla veil would be beautiful, in my opinion.  You might ask to see if some of your service could be in Spanish...like maybe the readings or maybe a song or even a blessing.  But as far as additional elements to the wedding, I think you have a good handle on it.

Congrats on RCIA!  I went thru a few years ago and really enjoyed the process! 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_need-advice-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:680Discussion:caa243cd-79e1-414e-a7df-72f4e4fa448bPost:2f169a34-86ed-449c-8fb0-b5840e7ae838">Re: Need Advice Please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Those are definitely the main additional parts of a Mexican Catholic service.  The arras and the laso.  And, a mantilla veil would be beautiful, in my opinion.  You might ask to see if some of your service could be in Spanish...like maybe the readings or maybe a song or even a blessing.  But as far as additional elements to the wedding, I think you have a good handle on it. Congrats on RCIA!  I went thru a few years ago and really enjoyed the process! 
    Posted by fam6[/QUOTE]

Thanks.. 
  • nickys20nickys20 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I was actually thinking of the same questions because my fl is also Latino and Im American . And it's so great that you're converting to Catholicism. Congrats! 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_latino-weddings_need-advice-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:680Discussion:caa243cd-79e1-414e-a7df-72f4e4fa448bPost:913c84da-073a-4724-9be4-4787451b4752">Re: Need Advice Please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was actually thinking of the same questions because my fl is also Latino and Im American . And it's so great that you're converting to Catholicism. Congrats! 
    Posted by nickys20[/QUOTE]

Thank you.
  • lsanchez18lsanchez18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are both mexican, but  our ceremony will include a bit of English readings, songs... mainly because we have anglo guest.. may be if you include one reading in english, have a bilingual priest, have a spanish program...

as for the gift Lazo (cord), and the  Arras (coins) are really importan in hispanic culture.. wearing a mantilla can be skip...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards