Latino Weddings

Papel Picado

I am having custom banners made for our reception sight, which is an outdoor patio.  I am so excited!  I have recently had the idea to perhaps include this throughout our day.  I have found some invitations with papel picado designs.  Does anyone think this would be able to be incorporated into a favor?  I saw a website that puts the individual papers onto a stick and it becomes kind of like a little flag.  I thought that maybe...But, I want it to be something people will be surprised by and really enjoy.

Any and all feedback welcome!

Re: Papel Picado

• Ken&CassKen&Cass member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Well, I was thinking, not so much a favor but if you wanted to, you could have your guests each cut out a 'papel picado' for your to put in a guest book during the reception. Of course, this might be more trouble then it's worth I'm not sure.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    While, that would be very unique and a cool keepsake, I think the logistics of it would be a nightmare.  I have decided not to use them as a favor.  But, I am going to have them as decor.  Also, I am going to use our custom design in our stationary and monogram with have a similar look.
  • edited December 2011
    I was just coming over here to ask about where to buy this!  I want to use it to hang from our outdoor reception tent.  Where are you ladies buying yours?  TIA

To OP, I was looking on Etsy and some sellers have notecards (could be thank yous??  maybe even invitations) and the favors like you mention.  I wish I had thought about this sooner and I would tried putting it on my stationary.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting mine on Etsy...aymujer...it took a few days for her to respond, but she said she just has been really busy and since, I have had no problems.  I am really excited about incorporating her work into our celebration.
  • edited December 2011
    I've looked at her shop, too!  It's a little more than I wanted to spend, but I agree that they look beautiful!  Have you gotten yours yet?  Which design did you choose?  Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    She is sending me color samples at this time. She is creating a custom design for us.  We will also use the love sweet love pattern as well.  I agree with the cost, at first I thought it was more than I wanted to spend, but I think it will be so special and it has become really important to me.  It is also the only thing we are really doing besides centerpieces for our reception space, and there in no rental fee, so I feel like it is a good investment for the wedding.
  • phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just wanted to add that I got my papel picado from ay mujer and it turned out beautiful. Ours is customized as well and she did alternating colors.  Buena suerte!
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks phillychica...that's good to hear.  Would you mind sharing pictures?

KRPadilla: It took me a little while, but I remembered that a few shops in San Antonio sold the wedding papel picado for super cheap.  I couldn't find the name of the one I bought other stuff from, but from Google, I found this: http://www.alamofiesta.com/shop/?view=57

You couldn't customize, but it's definitely more affordable.  I haven't decided what I want to do yet...depends on where the budget is!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the recommendation and for the reference for ay mujer.  I am really excited about having this for our reception decor!  And to incorporate into our stationary!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards