Latino Weddings
Options

Need a first dance song in english and spanish

I am hald puerto rican and black.  I need a spanish song for our first dance.  I want it to be in both languages so that all of my guests can appreciate the lyrics.  PLEASE help!!!  email me at lisax4766@yahoo.com.  Please put song in the subject line so I wont delete it... spam is big problem.  Thanks
imageAnniversary

Re: Need a first dance song in english and spanish

• Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought of doing a mix of two different songs? I'm African American, and my FI is Salvadorian and we are going to do one song in english and one song in spanish, but only 1:30 sec of each song. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you saying you need a spanish song with the lyrics translated? Or a song that is half in english and half in spanish? Or a song that has both an english and spanish version?

If it's #1 - you can usually find translations of songs online - there are a lot of good songs out there (I'm a fan of Eres Mi Religion by Mana)

if it's #2 that could be really hard to find. I personally can't think of many myself.

if it's #3 look at artists that have had success in both english and spanish since they often do versions of their songs in two languages. To name a few - Enrique Igelsias, Jon Secada, Ricky Martin (he actually has some good love songs), Gloria Estefan. As you know, look carefully over the lyrics in both languages because sometimes in one language it can be romantic and in the other version it could be a totally different mood. That's the complexity of fitting two different languages to music!

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am printing my first dance song's lyrics in both english and spanish in the back of our menu cards. Hopefully that helps people not to feel out of place.
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I see that this post is pretty old, but I just joined the board a few days ago :) Sorry Lisa, I'm in the same boat, I don't know any Spanish first dance songs (or even mother/son, father/daughter songs at that!!) and I feel that I should have one. But I think PP's idea is great! There are certain songs in English I've always wanted to play and I think providing lyrics is a nice alternative. Even if you play a Spanish song, I think printing lyrics is a great idea!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the song Stand by me, by Prince Royce.. it's mixed in Spanish and English :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards