Ohio-Northeast
Options

Pictures at the Sheraton in Cuyahoga Falls

Has anyone had wedding pictures done at the Sheraton, but not had your wedding there (or know someone who has done this?)  Our plan is to get ready at the Sheraton and take pictures, and then go to our venue to finish up wtih pictures before the ceremony.  I've spoken with two individuals at the Sheraton, one said we had to schedule a time to take pictures and pay a $100 fee, the other said she had never heard of anyone having to pay a fee, that wedding parties come in all the time to have pictures taken.  I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experiences you could tell me about.Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Pictures at the Sheraton in Cuyahoga Falls

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I have a friend who did this and she had to pay a fee.
  • Options
    imkaleigh63imkaleigh63 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You COULD just go across the street near the ampitheater....that's free!  It's very pretty and there are some pillars that you can put people on for an interesting pose.
  • Options
    CZappoloCZappolo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The wedding I was in last year, we got ready at the Sheraton and took pictures out by the falls before the ceremony. I don't think there was a fee since the bride & groom were staying there the night before and night of their wedding. That may have changed though since then. Also note, the wedding & reception were not at the Sheraton. I would try negotiating to lift the $100 fee especially if you, the bridal party members or family is staying there.Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm really interested to hear the answer to this! I'm in the same situation....My venue is the natatorium but we want to use the falls behind the sheraton for pictures!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually have a time to get pics at the sheraton. The wedding coordinator I spoke with told me that since we have a block reserved their AND we are staying, there would not be a charge. But if you are not having a wedding or have a block of rooms there is a charge. HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How much were rooms at the sheraton when you blocked them off? How far ahead did you block them off? Do you they offer a party room at all? Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I blocked them off about a 11 months ago.(I was a little bit anal!!) Rooms are 110 a piece, but they are suites (two bedrooms with a living area in the middle) so if two couples stayed in one suite its cheaper than my other block anyways. No party room..just the hotel block
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards