Just Engaged and Proposals

Wedding Band Help

I'm recently engaged and I love my engagement ring, so naturally I've been thinking about my wedding band.  My engagement ring is simple, but beautiful -- Single Asscher cut diamond with a very thin band with diamonds half way around.  My original thought would be to get a wedding band that matches my engagement ring band, same width and diamonds.  But as I thought more about it, I think I want to get something different that you don't see everyday.  I still want to keep it simple, but maybe have some type of twist to the wedding band that makes it a little bit out of the ordinary.  Does anybody have any ideas?

Re: Wedding Band Help

• Your ring sounds VERY similar to mine. We looked forever for a wedding band that worked, and nothing was quite right. Finally I found one that's the same size, shape, and style as my e-ring's band (thin, channel-set round stones, with milgrain edging) but instead of just diamonds, it alternates diamonds with bright pink sapphires. I always wanted a little color in my set anyway, it looks GREAT with my engagement ring, and 2 years post-wedding, I still get compliments on it all the time.
  • I'm thinking the same thing..my ring has the stones down the sides, but its a round halo setting. I didn't want the standard pave semi-eternity band, but I've found a three row band that has diamond on the outer rows, and light pink sapphires on the inside row. It still works with the pave concept of my e-ring, but the multiple rows and colored stones make it different! Go with what YOU want! GL
  • If your into vintage style check out faycullen.com they have great vintage style wedding bands from simple sapphire rings to filigree rings. My engagment ring is vintage styled with pretty much every cut diamond (except for round...I hate round) in the settingand a kite set princess cut sapphire in the center. When my FH and I turned 1 year of dating he gave me a promis ring. A simple white gold band, a little thick but the design on it are hearts alternating up and down with diamonds in the center of each heart. When we picked out my engagment ring the man helping us said that my promis ring looked really amazing with my engagment ring. So we decided to use it. It's special since it was my promis ring.
  • I think it's great to try to find something out of the ordinary, but keep in mind it needs to match the style of your ring or it will look really out of place, unless you plan on wearing your band alone.My only suggestion is to keep something the same, whether it's the cut of the diamond, same width, something that matches it nicely but still stands out.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards