Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Just got engaged! Where to start ?

My boyfirend proposed to me last night and soon after told me he booked our location (we looked at it before and loved it!). So now im getting married in 216 days and have nothing planned but a deposit on an awesome all incusive (Wedgewood fallbrook) venue.... 

HELP ME WHERE DO I START?! 

Re: Just got engaged! Where to start ?

• Options
    First, congratulations!

Your fiance really shouldn't have booked a location right off the bat like that. The first thing you need to do is set a budget and make a potential guest list and THEN look at venues that meet the needs of those numbers. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_just-got-engaged-where-to-start?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:17591e6f-b553-4507-8608-bfadbd159491Post:3fe2556b-8c6e-48e7-a7a2-d17a7f78adea">Re: Just got engaged! Where to start ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]First, congratulations! Your fiance really shouldn't have booked a location right off the bat like that. The first thing you need to do is set a budget and make a potential guest list and THEN look at venues that meet the needs of those numbers. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]
    <span style="white-space:pre;" class="Apple-tab-span"> </span><div>
    </div><div><div style="font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:10px;background-color:initial;background-image:none;background-attachment:initial;background-origin:initial;background-clip:initial;color:#1f1f1f;font:normal normal normal 11px/14px Arial, sans-serif;text-align:left;line-height:normal;">I'm glad he did! We met with tthe coordinator and everything is in budget and talked with both our parents about it! </div></div>
  • Options
    Congrats,  Sounds like you have done some pre-planning before being enaged, so in hindsight you are right on track considering you already know your budget and have a venue booked!  That is your fist major stepping stone.  The knot checklist is really helpful; and really you just need to start finding the other vendors (I am sure your venue has recommendations) and there are 2 big bridal faires in Sacramento in January where you can find and meet a lot vendors as well.  Start dress shopping; and if you plan on having out of town guests you can send some save the dates, but do not have to.  There is a lot to do, but you have time.  I'm a Sac bride too (June 2013 wedding) and there are a lot of good options in that area.  However a lot of vendors I have talked to, their Saturdays were filling up so if you have a sat wedding in july you may want to book people asap.  Wedgewood is a popular site so I am sure they have people they work with regularly that can lead you in the right direction.  Happy Planning!  

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_just-got-engaged-where-to-start?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:17591e6f-b553-4507-8608-bfadbd159491Post:5d75ae43-419f-4482-8b01-ae292b3b7a41">Re: Just got engaged! Where to start ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats,  Sounds like you have done some pre-planning before being enaged, so in hindsight you are right on track considering you already know your budget and have a venue booked!  That is your fist major stepping stone.  The knot checklist is really helpful; and really you just need to start finding the other vendors (I am sure your venue has recommendations) and there are 2 big bridal faires in Sacramento in January where you can find and meet a lot vendors as well.  Start dress shopping; and if you plan on having out of town guests you can send some save the dates, but do not have to.  There is a lot to do, but you have time.  I'm a Sac bride too (June 2013 wedding) and there are a lot of good options in that area.  However a lot of vendors I have talked to, their Saturdays were filling up so if you have a sat wedding in july you may want to book people asap.  Wedgewood is a popular site so I am sure they have people they work with regularly that can lead you in the right direction.  Happy Planning!  
    Posted by erinlin25[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Really good to know!! do you know of any bridal shops in or near Sac that carry Allure? Or any god spots for engagement pics? ( I just moved here from san diego so i dont know much!)

</div>
  • Options
    We got engaged last Christmas, and had our wedding this July on a Saturday. First thing... find a photographer! That's what we had the most problems with having such a short engagement.
    Congrats and good luck!
  • Options
    Congrats on your engagement! I'd say make a list of what's important to you and your FI to have in the wedding and work down that list seeing as you have venue, guest list and budget done.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My fiance Mike and I both decided to wait at least three years to get married. This is not a decision that came lightly. We have to pay for the whole wedding ourselves, and we are most definitely not rolling around in money :) I am also in the middle of getting a degree in college. Are people going to think we are strange because we're waiting so long? I've already been asked when the date is by a co-worker three times. And she keeps asking if I've started planning anything yet. It's just a little irritating to have to explain things to her over and over again....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards