Just Engaged and Proposals

Just Engaged 4/15/12

So the love of my life and best friend asked me to marry him on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im soo excited, we are looking to get married in April 2013, and I am already so stressed. I dont know where to start, how to budget, or how to ask for money from the families. Any advice from you ladies would be AWESOME
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Re: Just Engaged 4/15/12

• Congratulations on your engagement! The best thing to do is budget for what you and your fi can afford and hope your families offer to help. It isnt really appropriate to ask anyone for money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations!

The best advice I can give you is to just relax. Enjoy your engagement as it is right at this moment because it is such an exciting and happy time. So try not to think about all the details right away and just relax. After a couple of months you can start figuring out your budget, where you want to have the wedding, who you want to invite... etc. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • congrats and enjoy I honestly asked my mom I just said do you think you would be able to help out a bit with the wedding. She said yes and i kinda told my dad time to start saving and his response was dont worry i know hahha. But for the most part were paying for our wedding and they are going to just give us what they can 

Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• I just got engaged on April 1st, 2012 so I know the stress and HOW EXCITING it is as well! I would just ask your family. My parents can only give a little but any little bit helps! I would also have your finance do the same. Then you will know exactly what you have from them from the start.
  • Thank you ladies sooooooo much!!!!! I really appreciate it, and I have been waiting for this for SOOOOOOOOOOOOO long, we have been together almost 5 years!!! I have my oldest daughter from a previous relationship (who's dad is not in the picture and my Fi has completely stepped up to be her dad) and we have our little girl together who will be 2 in 2 weeks. I have done everything completely backwards and was going to just for-go the whole wedding thing, but he wants me to have everything I have always wanted.

Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_just-engaged-41512-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:1a2b8267-72e9-4812-81cd-e8dde1db34c3Post:5d914ea4-539d-4188-9c51-bc1e7f481562">Re: Just Engaged 4/15/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you ladies sooooooo much!!!!! I really appreciate it, and I have been waiting for this for SOOOOOOOOOOOOO long, we have been together almost 5 years!!! I have my oldest daughter from a previous relationship (who's dad is not in the picture and my Fi has completely stepped up to be her dad) and we have our little girl together who will be 2 in 2 weeks. I have done everything completely backwards and was going to just for-go the whole wedding thing, but<strong> he wants me to have everything I have always wanted.</strong>
    Posted by abbyizzymommy[/QUOTE]

<div>so sweet :)</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was engaged on Sunday too! Congratulations :)
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congratulations!  Breathe... this is going to be the journey of a lifetime. 
    :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_just-engaged-41512-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:1a2b8267-72e9-4812-81cd-e8dde1db34c3Post:d9dc48d0-7d01-47e4-b521-8ea217d93a23">Just Engaged 4/15/12</a>:
    [QUOTE]So the love of my life and best friend asked me to marry him on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im soo excited, we are looking to get married in April 2013, and I am already so stressed. I dont know where to start, how to budget, or how to ask for money from the families. Any advice from you ladies would be AWESOME
    Posted by abbyizzymommy[/QUOTE]
  • Congrats!
    Anniversary
  • Congrats, don't fret the small things.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards