Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

2 Year Long Engagment

Okay I just have to say that I am soo happy that so many people are having long engagments for multiple reasons. I felt like it was so long, but we have to because of school. I am already stressing out a little though because i want to plan it now, but it is very early! What are other 2 year engagment ladies doing already?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 2 Year Long Engagment

• Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I am active on the board where I am getting married and my month/year board. I tend to lurk on a few of the other boards and post on them from time to time.

I have already looked at wedding dresses and narrowed down what I like on me. I refuse to buy one until it gets closer to the wedding since it is still about a year and a half out. We have booked our venue and photographer. We have a vision of what we want our wedding to be (favors, centerpieces, colors, etc.). I have started to collect the materials for the centerpieces but have not made them yet. We have also finished designing our Save the Dates (have not printed them yet since it is still to far out for that too).  Our wedding party has also been picked but we are lucky in the act that the people we picked are our other half if Fiance and I didn't have each other. Also we went from a 1 year engagement to a 2 year after we picked the wedding party. It is not recommended to do pick the wedding party so far out. People can change a lot in 2 years but it is never to early to start thing about who you would like to ask.

Set a budget first and the number of guests that you would like to have. The smaller the number usually equals the less the wedding costs. It all really depends on what you and your Fiance want/ have in mind. The checklist that The Knot has is helpful but you do not have to do everything in the exact order it tells you too. Now is also a great time to gather ideas and discuss what you two want.

Have fun with the planning. Remember planning a wedding is supposed to be a good memory. Don't forget to breath and take a break from it all to recharge.There will be bumps along the way but try not to let them get you down / to stressed out. Good luck and Congratulations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    2 year engagement here also. im glad we have two years cause then we have more time to plan and save up money but i wish it was sooner just so it could be here. ive already picked out my dress but wont buy it until it gets alot closer. we are looking at venues because i guess alot of people are having long engagements now so some places even book up to two years in advance! we also picked out our theme, bridal party and guestlist but we know with so much time things can change.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I am having a two year long engagement as well.  My Fiance is in the Army and will be deploying for the entire year prior to our wedding.  We've started planning everything now, hoping to finish up before he leaves.  Then, while he's gone, I'll finalize everything with our vendors, make the invitations etc.  It's perfect because I can sort-of plan the wedding twice! =)

The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.
    --Audrey Hepburn

My Bio
  • Options
    I am also having a 2 year long engagement. We got engaged on May 6th 2010 and we are getting married on May 13th 2010. Only thing i did was pick out of colors and listen to some songs to choose to play at the wedding. I feel like just puling my hair out already. FH doesnt like it when I look at the bridal Magazines or be on bridal sites, so i just look at them when he is at work.  My FH thinks its waaayyyyyy toooooo early to start planning but i told him that i rather do it now than later and he came thru and understood. I try to do other things than the wedding planning. Plus its good that we are waiting. we thought about next year and we both said nah at the same time lol. plus we can save on money to!!!!!!!!!!!
    Future Mrs. Anderson Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am also in this club and let me say that I feel so relieved that I am not the only one! I just got engaged in April and we are planning for a November 2012 wedding! I just graduated college and FI has a steady job. It is solely for money reasons of course. I haven't done any planning really. All I have done is set a (tentative) date. I have many ideas in mind for colors and themes but I am definitely waiting for that!
  • Options
    We're having a 22 month engagement.  I've begun looking at the boards and narrowing down dresses and venues.  I want to book at around the 18 month mark.  (Which is only 4 months away.... yikes!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards