Just Engaged and Proposals

Still in shock and loving it

I am newly engaged!! It's been a week and I still can't believe it. Let's just say the fourth of July had a lot of fireworks going off!! My fiance proposed at my father's retirement party in front of all my family. I couldn't have asked for a better proposal. He completely took me by surprise. And even though we will have a long engagement I am glad I can take my time to guarantee we get everything we want.

I just want to say Congrats to all the other newly engaged couples out there!!
~Bangin' Bride-to-Be~

Re: Still in shock and loving it

• Thats great! Congrats!
  • Congrats!

• Congrats on your July 4th proposal!! How exciting! It's so strange to think I'm engaged now! <div>
    </div><div>My fiance did the same thing. Except in front of our county fireowrks show, 6000 people. LOL. I told him I didn't hear much except "will you marry me" because of the nerves. :D He totally surprised me. </div><div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_still-in-shock-and-loving-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:224259f4-1782-4f05-8ed6-40d405f35666Post:40294024-c598-46a3-8a94-d89e8e515656">Still in shock and loving it</a>:</div><div>[QUOTE]I am newly engaged!! It's been a week and I still can't believe it. Let's just say the fourth of July had a lot of fireworks going off!! My fiance proposed at my father's retirement party in front of all my family. I couldn't have asked for a better proposal. He completely took me by surprise. And even though we will have a long engagement I am glad I can take my time to guarantee we get everything we want. I just want to say Congrats to all the other newly engaged couples out there!!
    Posted by fireworks143[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • tiny specktiny speck member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Congratulations! I don't think I could handle being proposed to in front of so many people (ours was low-key at home) but it sounds like you loved it, that's great! :)
  • Thanks everyone!! All smiles over here
    ~Bangin' Bride-to-Be~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards