Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

A true New Yorker proposal

Hello ladies! I'm a bit late in posting this as my fiance proposed back at the end of February but I only just started looking at and using these boards this past weekend and love all of the supportive women on here :)

He and I both love New York and experiencing all the city has to offer together. Our first date was at the MOMA (Museum of Modern Art) and it was a perfect day-- best connection I've had with another person that quickly ever.

One day he asked me if we could meet some work friends of his at the museum on a Saturday morning. One specifically is an art director in advertising and so the story he told about his friend wanting to check out a certain exhibit sounded plausible enough for me not to question the romantic nature of the location. Though I knew we wanted to be together forever, I had no idea he had a ring and had planned a proposal that soon so I wasn't expecting it at all. We went there to "meet his friends" and he led me up to a gorgeous fourth floor balcony in front of a wall length window overlooking both the courtyard and the city. He told me how much I mean to him, how amazing the last year has been, how much he loves me, and the next thing I knew-- he was down on one knee and asking me to marry him! One of the most amazing moments of my life. I still can't get over how happy I am :) He even had his friends hiding in the corners taking photographs of the whole proposal.

Re: A true New Yorker proposal

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards