Just Engaged and Proposals

Thanksgiving Surprise

I'm engaged!

For our anniversary this year, my boyfriend planned a surprise trip for us over Thanksgiving break.  So starting on Halloween (our anniversary), every Monday I got a clue about where we were going and what we'd be doing there.  The clues were pretty easy to figure out but really cute, and it was nice having that element of surprise!

Anyway, the clues were about New York City and we went up the day after Thanksgiving.  We did some exploring and went to see a show on Broadway.  By the end of the day, we were both super tired so we headed back to the hotel room.  Waiting for me in the room was an unexpected Clue #5.  I just looked at it and back at him.

I opened it up and it was a picture of my mother's ring (My mom died a few years ago and he knew I wanted to use her diamond) without the diamond in it.  There were a few split seconds where I didn't know what to think.  I wasn't sure if that meant that a proposal was coming in seconds or maybe in the next few weeks or months.  But then he got down on one knee and did the whole thing.  It was perfect.

I feel like I'm still in shock a little bit.  I had no idea it was coming, and it still doesn't feel real.  But I am obviously very excited!

I'm looking forward to the coming months here on the knot, sharing ideas and support with other brides-to-be!

Re: Thanksgiving Surprise

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards