Ohio-Northeast
Options

Who Pays for Flowers?

I know that who pays for what rules are basically thrown out the window anymore, but I was wondering if the Groom's family pays for the flowers?? Thanks!
IAmPregnant Ticker Anniversary

Re: Who Pays for Flowers?

• Options
    KT82KT82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think that they do traditionally
  • Options
    KKleeseKKleese member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought the grooms family was just the rehearsal dinner and bar at the reception.  We went pretty traditional and my mother paid for all of the flowers.
    Krissy and Craig
    Mr. & Mrs. as of May 23, 2009
    Parents to Baby Jack as of March 4, 2010
    and Bobbi Claire June 7, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I heard originally that they pay for the bride's bouquet.  But I think most brides tend to pay for flowers now on their side.  My future MIL is footing the bill though because they aren't big drinkers and are out of town so kind of let the reception be my dad's deal rather than paying for the alcohol.  Instead they are picking up some other large items like flowers, photography, and transportation in addition to the rehearsal dinner.  I would just talk with everyone and have people paying for what they are comfortable with.  That's what has worked for us so far. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am paying for the wedding flowers. My parents are paying for the reception (they give a lump sum amount) and his parents are paying for the rehearsal dinner and alcohol.
  • Options
    jchapman330jchapman330 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Traditionally the grooms family pays for Officiants fee/gatuity Grooms formal wear All corsages and boutonnieres Brides bouquet (not the tossing) Grooms cake Rehearsal dinner marriage license/prenup Brides/groomsmen gifts I know you didn't ask for that but I had the book sitting here so I thought it was interesting to list them all, I didn't realize it was so many things.
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH and I paid for the flowers (as well as most of the whole wedding and the entire reception) ourselves. His family paid for the rehearsal dinner (though we planned it b/c they live OOT) and ceremony musicians. I think that's it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lpalladlpallad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are just paying for the RD and alcohol for us which is great! my parents are paying for the reception - and we are paying for everything else
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um...you?I wouldn't assume the groom's family will pay for anything beyond what they may or may not have stated previously.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards