Just Engaged and Proposals

Newly Engaged

Hi all!

I am 23 and have been dating my high school love for 7 years! We lived together for 3 years and he just proposed this morning!! I bawled my eyes out of course nodding with the biggest grin! He handed me a huge CHristmas present that when I flipped open, it was a teddy bear surrounded by flowers and a card that said "Will you marry me."

I'm in college so the date is unknown in the future. I graduate as an Sonographer next September. And hope to start saving money from scratch and we are probably going to pay for this on our own.

I never went to a wedding, don't know anyone who did. WHAT NOW?

Re: Newly Engaged

• Congrats! I agree with Edie, just enjoy being engaged and focus on finishing school. It sounds like you're already on the right track by waiting until you're done school and have jobs to get married.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Congrats and welcome! Poke around the photos and get a feel for what you and your FI like :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congrats and happy planning in the future!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Congratulations! Your situation sounds VERY similar to mine, actually! I'm 22 years old & have been with the same guy for almost 5 years (our anniversery is in February). We just bought a house together.  I am also a college student expecting to graduate in August 2013.  He proposed Christmas morning....a very cute & unexpected surprise. :) A co-worker told me to join theknot.com & I had heard of it before so I am brand new to this website as of one hour ago. I wish you the best of luck with your planning and I will be doing the same thing. I have no idea where to start! I guess my first step is to discuss it with my fiance and set a date. Then, I am going to probably look into venues and different locations to have the ceremony and reception. We both want an outdoor wedding, and neither of us goes to church so we agreed that it doesn't make sense to get married inside a church. Anyways, sorry for my long rant, but good luck, and to anyone who has any advice they'd like to share with me, I am all ears!!

--Katie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards