Just Engaged and Proposals

A proposal in London :)

Hi everyone! I've been a member for awhile, but now I feel like I can finally be an "official" Knottie! :-P

My FI and I went to London for 4 days last week before going to Ireland for my little brother's wedding. On our second night we were in London, we went to the Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower of London (it's the ceremony for the locking up of the Tower, which is over 700 years old, it was pretty awesome), which you have to get tickets to in advance and everything. So it was already a special night, but after that he suggested that we walk across the Tower of London Bridge. I almost said no because it was 11 PM and we weren't familiar with the area on the other side of the bridge, but I suggested we walk to the center and then walk back to a pub we'd passed earlier. 

As we were walking, he kept scratching his armpit, and I was like, wtf is he doing? Turns out he was fishing in his pocket for the ring :-P We got to the middle of the bridge and I was looking over the edge, and he said "I know what would make this trip memorable," and I was expecting him to say something along the lines of "throwing you in the river Thames" because that's just his sense of humor, so I turn and say "what?" and he was down on one knee :-D I think I said yes all too quickly, I should have made him sweat it out a little, lol. 

So after almost 5 years, 2 dogs, and owning a home, we're finally engaged! And I'm waiting to tell the rest of my family and friends until next month when I'm back home in MN so I can tell them in person, and it's going to kill me! I have almost slipped a bunch of times already, heh.

Congrats to all the other newly engaged girls! I've read through a bunch of the proposal stories and they are very sweet! So far the rooftop one is my favorite (other than mine of course, lol). :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards