Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Box inside of a Box Proposal - on Cloud 9! You have to read!

Okay, so here is the back drop of this AMAZING story. My Fiance' bought a motorcycle with a side car for his dad to ride with him but sadly past away prior to him getting the bike.  Last year for my fiance's Birthday, I had a surprise birthday party for him and gave him the gift of a lifetime: A painted inner fairing for his Ultra Classic (motorcycle) with a picture of his dad in the navy painted/clear coated to have a permanent picture on the bike.  There wasn't a dry eye last year and Scott was the only one who didn't know what was going on.  Of course, we both said nothing could outdue this!

Now fast forward to this year...Because I couldn't outdue myself and we had discussed what he wanted (parts for his bike), so I got him a gift card for the parts he wanted. I invited a bunch of people and he invited people he wanted to come. To make a long story short, he wanted me to video tape him opening presents so he tell everyone thank you for coming, etc.  Several people needed to get going and so he told me he wanted to open his gifts.  So I am watching the screen as I am video taping, he opens his cards, then a couple gifts and there is one gift on the porch of the place we had his birthday party.  He picks up the bag and pulls out a box which is about 6"x4"x4".  He starts opening it and its another box...and another box...and another box.  I am laughing so hard because this is something I do during Christmas to family and friends.  It continues with the boxes getting smaller and smaller, and all the sudden someone goes, "what is it?" and he yells out, "Its a coin or not".  During this time one our friend's fiance' is inching closer and closer to me and all the sudden my fiance' goes "what's this?" (at this time the camera is being pulled from my hands and of course, my eyes go with the camera) and all the sudden, I look back and my fiance' is on one knee with a a huge ring in a box.  I think my jaw stayed open for for 30 seconds (or felt that long)!  Of course I said yes!  Below, you will see the amazing ring and a action shot of this special day (a week ago today)

The funniest thing is he asked my dad three weeks ago in the very place he asked him for permission to date me. A week ago today this past Monday he bought the ring and showed it to my dad. Then Tuesday it was sitting right in front of me on his coffee table and I didn't even notice it. And to make even more of a funny story, everyone knew except me that this was going to happen! He truly got me back for last year!

What an amazing day!

Re: Box inside of a Box Proposal - on Cloud 9! You have to read!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards