Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Help me out.?

So... I'm going to propose to my boyfriend on feb. 12 (it's our valentines this year)

And for all of you wondering, yes he's planning something but it's off in the distance till money can be gathered

This is my plan, he has reservations at the nicest place in town, a shocker to me when I found out, and will probably have some generic valentines guesture since its his first valentines with a girlfriend. I will be getting him a boutinere (forgive my spelling) with his fav. Flower. Dinner continues. Here's where the plan muddles

I want to get a personal letter or video from each of his family and friends expressing how much they love and care about him (this will mean A LOT to him) and give them to him at sometime during the evening???

Then I want to go to the park where I made the first move and kissed him and read him my own letter out in the park. And propose. ( perhaps have a friend with a camera off somewhere to get a pic)

When should I give him the other letters? I was thinking either at dinner, or in the car at the park.

Re: Help me out.?

• Options
    Its his first Valentine's day with a girlfriend? Sorry but holy red flag.

How old are you and your bf? And have you talked at length about getting married?

Like the PP said, I don't know your BF, but this whole idea sound juvenile??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_help-me-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:419d2414-864c-44fa-909a-58057ca4c7f6Post:31b57c47-cd42-438f-a71d-6498279f5875">Help me out.?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So... I'm going to propose to my boyfriend on feb. 12 (it's our valentines this year) And for all of you wondering, yes he's planning something but it's off in the distance till money can be gathered This is my plan, he has reservations at the nicest place in town, a shocker to me when I found out, and will probably have some generic valentines guesture since its his first valentines with a girlfriend. I will be getting him a boutinere (forgive my spelling) with his fav. Flower. Dinner continues. Here's where the plan muddles I want to get a personal letter or video from each of his family and friends expressing how much they love and care about him (this will mean A LOT to him) and give them to him at sometime during the evening??? Then I want to go to the park where I made the first move and kissed him and read him my own letter out in the park. And propose. ( perhaps have a friend with a camera off somewhere to get a pic) When should I give him the other letters? I was thinking either at dinner, or in the car at the park.
    Posted by Nessajess[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm confused. He's planning a Valentine's Day surprise for you and he's planning to propose to you but waiting for his finances to be in order. You made the first move in the park, kissed him, read letters, and want to take over his Valentine's plans to replace them with your own?</div><div>
    </div><div>Questions to ask yourself... How many conversations and cues have you gotten from boyfriend where he's said he'd be thrilled if he were propsed to?  Could you enjoy the Valentine's Day he has planned for you and surprise him with a video of people saying nice things about him? Then when he's ready he can propose and you can just say yes.</div><div> </div><div>Also, If your boyfriend is waiting for the right timing but you feel like the timing is now you two might be on different pages in your relationship. I'm not sure what he said to you about time frame with finances, but if you feel like it's too long for you have an honest conversation with him about what you need. He might have some issues he feels need to be taken care of before you two can get engaged.</div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_help-me-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:419d2414-864c-44fa-909a-58057ca4c7f6Post:89134d54-0aa7-4c1c-b74f-ff00a3fafedc">Re: Help me out.?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its his first Valentine's day with a girlfriend? Sorry but holy red flag. How old are you and your bf? And have you talked at length about getting married? Like the PP said, I don't know your BF, but this whole idea sound juvenile??
    Posted by KatWAG[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>All this.  I felt uncomfortable reading it.  It's hard to believe the OP and boyfriend are of marrying age.  

</div>
  • Options
    Hey guys we are both 22 we've talked very in depth about getting married. I've joked about doing this and then thought hey what if I did?! So I asked him what he would think/do if I did, he said he'd continue with his own independent proposal plan afterward. Plan has changed. Doing it over s'mores after dinner. This more of a I am really serious about this guesture than a will you be engaged to me right now guesture.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_help-me-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:419d2414-864c-44fa-909a-58057ca4c7f6Post:6535bb4f-1ee8-42a7-bde0-ed06cd4aa7f7">Re: Help me out.?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey guys we are both 22 we've talked very in depth about getting married. I've joked about doing this and then thought hey what if I did?! So I asked him what he would think/do if I did, he said he'd continue with his own independent proposal plan afterward. Plan has changed. Doing it over s'mores after dinner. <strong>This more of a I am really serious about this guesture than a will you be engaged to me right now guesture.</strong>
    Posted by Nessajess[/QUOTE]

This still really confuses me...if you aren't asking to become engaged, it's not really a proposal... If you ask him to marry you, and he says yes, then you are engaged. If you ask him to marry you, and he says, "I'm going to ask you later" then...nothing's really changed. Maybe it makes sense in your relationship, I don't know, it just really confuses me...
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Options
    I think saying you are waiting to get finances in order is kind of a cop out. Like he's waiting to get finainces straight but taking to to a fancy prob. expensive dinner. My bf had said that to me once when we were having serious conversations about getting married. I just flat out told him something will always come up that will mean  you don't have money so stop using it as an excuse! If your not ready yet just say that and it will be fine but exuses are just that! So he said he isn't quite ready yet and we left it. 6 months later he was ready and we are engaged.
    ***March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards