Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Just Engaged March 25th

I just got engaged on March 25th and I'm SO EXCITED!  I've told everyone around me and had great reactions from all.  I think the way he did it was so cute and so perfect I need to share...

I was having a VERY stressful day at work that Friday but the thought of him coming for the weekend (he lives 45 minutes away and is in the process of moving to my city) was getting me through the stress.  I left half an hour late but this Friday he was going to be there as soon as I got home.  Well I drive up to my house and his car isn't in the driveway, I was upset to say the least.

I took my time going insdie, getting the recycle bin etc.. when I walked in the house I stopped halfway in the doorway not knowing what had been "spilled" all over my floor.  This was not there when I left and I was a little nervous that someone may be in my house.  I proceeded to go in and take my jacket off and saw his shoes at the front door, which put me at ease.  Still, I was oblivious to the fact that his car wasn't there.

I walked into the living room and what had been "spilled" on the floor were red and pink rose petals.  They were scattered all the way up the stairs.  As I followed them, halfway up the stairs I heard the song "I want to grow old with you" (Yes, Adam Sandler in the Wedding Singer) start to play.  I followed the petals into my bedroom where they were in the shape of a heart on the floor and he was standing there dressed up and looking so amazing.

I still didn't think this was it, I don't know what I thought it was...a nice gesture on a Friday??  Dur.  He held me close and told me how much he loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me.  Then he got down on one knee and opened the ring box.  I lost it, crying, shaking, laughing and I couldn't stop saying...What?! and of course I said yes!

It was absolutely perfect.

Re: Just Engaged March 25th

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards