Just Engaged and Proposals

Newly Engaged!

Hi, I'm Lori and my boyfriend of 8 years proposed to me on 4/13! We are looking at a spring or summer of 2014 wedding but just want to enjoy being engaged for now and start shopping around in the summer. Knowing me, I will inevitably end up wanting to start looking within the next month. :)

Re: Newly Engaged!

• Congratulation on your engagement! I just got engaged about a month and a half ago to my best friends brother!

How did he ask? Let's hear details! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image253 Invited
    image123 Accepted
    image53 Declined
    image99 Leavin' Me hangin
    RSVP Date: August 5, 2012
  • Congrats! Tell us more. How did he propose? How did you meet? What do you do?

• Hi congrats! I just got engaged 4/17! I'm so excited! Idk when to set a date. He wants to get married asap. We want a small wedding. So we will see what happens hopefully we have a lot of help!
  • yay! congrats!  I love seeing another person that had to wait 8 years too!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats on your engagement!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you all!

He took me to Newport, RI for what I thought was a spur-of-the-moment "let's go somewhere for a long weekend" kind of vacation.  There's a place along Cliff Walk called Forty Steps that takes you down to the water, where it crashes against the rocks.  That's where he did it.  I was completely not expecting it!  As it turns out, everybody knew about it but me - both of our families, the employees at the B&B we stayed at, all of his co-workers, one of my co-workers and the local cupcake business back home.  :)

Congratulations to all of you, too!  It's nice to be able to have a little support group on here!
  • That's cute! It's nice you had a long weekend to just enjoy it the two of you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image253 Invited
    image123 Accepted
    image53 Declined
    image99 Leavin' Me hangin
    RSVP Date: August 5, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards