Just Engaged and Proposals

Can I resize somewhere else?

Hi ladies!

My fiance got my ring through kay jewelers. Sadly it was too big (not his fault - i lost a lot of weight since the last time I got my fingered sized) and he had gotten the service plan. I sent it through them to get it resized. 2 weeks later, I got it back and it was STILL too big. The woman measured it in front of me and said it was a little bigger than a 5, and it was supposed to be a 5. its still too loose. Also, I can see where on my ring they resized it as there is a dip in it. I am not happy with how it came back.

I want to take it to a local jeweler to get it resized correctly. It will only take a week and I am willing to pay to have it done right. I have looked everywhere on Kays site, and although it can be assumed, I do not see anywhere on the site, or anywhere on the service plan details, where it would say this would void the warranty. Can someone clarify this? Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Can I resize somewhere else?

• that was my thought too, how would they know the difference? i wasnt sure if there was some way they could tell
  • You could also just call a store and ask.  You don't have to identify yourself, just ask if you have a service plan there and take the ring somewhere else if it voids the warranty. 

Although, I would say if they did a bad job, I would take it back to them and demand they fix it at no charge to you.
  • I think zippy nailed it for you. Also make sure when you size your finger you size your left hand I know sometimes people size their right without thinking about it and your right hand tends to be slightly larger if you are a righty.
  • Hey zippy, I have to delete this post because you discuss being a vendor. The knot's terms and conditions prevent you from posting as a bride and discussing your job as a vendor. If you'd like to repost your reply without any mention of your job, feel free!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards