Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engagement Party at Our Place?

My mother is interested in throwing FI and I an engagment party with my father.  My parents are divorced and even though it's been over 20 years their relationship is still strained.  My mother lives about an hour away from me and it would be much easier to do the party locally- not to mention there's an issue with space to actually host there.  A restaurant could get expensive and we really just want something intimate.  My father's house is nearby to where FI and I live and much easier for the bulk of our potential guests but I don't think he and his wife would be comfortable having my mother's side of the family at the house.

In order to do this in a neutral place so both sides of my family can attend, FI and I thought we could just have the party at our place and let my parents "host" it there.  I know an engagement party is not typically thrown by the engaged couple.  Is it tacky to do it at out place?  Im going to price some outside options but I'd really just rather have a small intimate gathering at our house....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards