Ohio-Northeast

Williams on the Lake

Williams on the Lake is our top choice at this point. I'm just shocked that we have found something nice that we can afford. Has anyone been married here or planning on using William's?

Re: Williams on the Lake

• edited December 2011
    DH and I looked there when we were planning and I loved it.  We would have chosen it, ut the larger room wasn't available for our date, and the other room was too small.  I have been to weddings there in the past and had great experiences.  HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I loved the venue, but the price was a little bit high for our big wedding. I found a place in Cuyahoga Falls with better alcohol prices making it a little bit more manageable, but not as beautiful landscape....For a smaller wedding, this would have been my number one choice
  • K ByteK Byte member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had his wedding there in May, it seemed like a really nice place in terms of decor and facilities. The food was decent, but we think they got their cake from there as well and it did not taste all that great so if you decide to go with them probably look into getting your cake from another bakery. We didn't get to see much of the outside though because it was probably 45 degrees out that night! But from the little we did see, the lake looked super nice.
  • edited December 2011
    We met with Andy, he's one of the coordinators there. He was super nice.. but a little pushy. I have been there before & my mom has been there several times for various events. We like the venue & the people.. but we weren't too impressed with the food. 4 out of 5 times it's been cold & bland. :( GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • gavinma17gavinma17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked into having our reception here, but the space was too small. Also, they were doing construction next door when we looked.  We ended up booking Vell's Party Center (Gala Hall), which is also in Medina.
  • HendersonLHendersonL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks to everyone who has given good advice and honest reviews, so far. I'm from out of state, but my fiance is from Sandusky and it's been SUPER hard trying to find a place online. How did you ladies end up finding out about these places? As for Williams on the Lake, small isn't bad for us. We are looking at hosting 30 guests and most places are way too big. We are also bringing in our own specialty cake, because of allergies.
  • caitalacaitala member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married there in November and I'm very excited to be using them. We are working with Jen and she has been great - she is really helping us find ways to stay within our budget and is not pushy at all. While I've never been to a wedding there before,  everyone I've talked to that has tells me how nice of a job they do.
  • HendersonLHendersonL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    UPDATE: We went ahead and booked with William's on the Lake. I'm very happy with the decision and excited. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards