Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

The perfect proposal :)

I've been lurking on these boards for awhile, dreaming of the day when I can plan my own wedding, but now I can finally contribute - we're engaged!

Thursday was our anniversary.  When we woke up, my fiance asked me what I wanted to do to celebrate.  I had a pretty bad cold so I didn't have much to suggest, but he mentioned my recent complaints that we don't have enough pictures of the two of us together.  So he asked a friend to come meet us at the spot where we had our first kiss on our first date (a large tree overlooking one of Washington, DC's most amazing monuments) to take some photos of us.

I should've picked up on the symbolism of the location (and the fact that he was fussing so much over what to wear should've given me a clue!) but it all seemed perfectly normal to me.  We got to the memorial and took a few 'happy couple' shots, and then my fiance disappeared behind a tree, saying he needed 'a prop'.  A few seconds later, he was down on one knee with the ring box, proposing to me with some incredibly moving words that I barely heard because I was so shocked!  At the end I tried to grab him to kiss him but he laughingly took my hand first so he could put the ring on it and seal the deal.  The tourists standing around nearby clapped and we hugged and kissed, and the best part is, our friend got rapid fire action shots of the whole thing - every moment of the entire proposal!  I've looked through that album a hundred times already and I can't imagine I'll ever get bored of it.

My ring is stunning, super sparkly, elegant, everything I could have hoped for - he had it designed himself, which I love because it's so thoughtful and it means no one else has it.  I can't stop staring at my hand!  

I'm so grateful to be marrying this man, to have had the perfect proposal, and to get to make years of happy memories together as husband and wife.  Let the wedding planning begin - I'm beside myself with excitement!!!

Re: The perfect proposal :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards