Just Engaged and Proposals

Still pretty surreal!

Excited to be able to type this up!

Last week was his birthday and I had a huge surprise party planned at our house with our friends on Saturday. I took him to a Mexican restaurant and had been joking that I was going to tell them we were celebrating his birthday so they would put a huge sombrero on his head and sing him happy birthday. Well, obviously we were on a bit of a time crunch to get home and I honestly didn't think it was too big of a deal so I didn't do it. He jokingly asked about it at the restaurant. So we finish up and get back to the house where everyone is waiting.

Surprise was pulled off perfectly! (Even after he told me he knew I couldn't keep a secret from him because I would be so excited about it...hah HAH!) So we enjoy the time with friends and everyone leaves about 1:30 or so. We go upstairs to get ready for bed. I have a habit of sitting on the counters in the house and he always comes up to me and stands in front of me. So I was doing this in the bathroom. He came up and put his arms around me and kept telling me how much he loved me and kept looking at me in this just...odd way. So I moved from the bathroom to the bed and was sitting on the edge of the bed waiting for him. He came up again, put his arms around me and continued kissing me and telling me he loved me. Then..

He tells me how he had this big thing planned out and how he thought it would be easier to do it with a silly sombrero on his head. Then when that didn't happen, he thought about waiting until Valentine's Day but didn't want it to be cliche. So, he says he is going to do it now and gets down on one knee. At this point I know what's happening so I don't remember everything he said, but it consisted of saying how much he loved me, how happy I make him and how he wants to spend the rest of his life making me that happy. He asked me if I would spend my life with him and if I would marry him :) I, of course, nodded my yes to him and he told me he had something for me and had the ring in between his fingers and jokingly said he hoped it fit.

I thought it was hilarious I unknowingly messed up a dinner proposal, but the way he did it and how he got choked up and all emotional made it absolutely perfect!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Still pretty surreal!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards