Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engagement Photos Question

We got engaged earlier this month and of course, I would love engagement photos. Normally I would say we don't need them and we don't have the money, but my sister got us a good deal, so why not!

My question is this: I have a four year old. I see a lot of engagement photos from people who already have kids, or even from people who have dogs, who include their kids/pets in their photos. I am wondering if it would be appropriate to include my son in some photos as well. It's been a long time since I've had professional "family" photos, and the photographer we'll be working with does those as well.

What do you ladies think?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement Photos Question

• Options
    I don't see any problem with it at all. You'll have a bunch of photos taken, and will likely only use one or two for your Save The Dates (if you do them), so just use this as a great opportunity to get some nice family pictures as well!

Congrats on your engagement!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thank you very much! I think they could be very cute with the three of us. I'm sure if we could bring our cat along, my fiance would even want to do that! :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're including our three dogs in some of our engagement pictures, so I don't see why you couldn't include your child. We're even going to use a picture with the dogs as our save the dates.

• Options
    With your FI marrying you, he doesn't just marry you, but the you that is inside that little one of yours.  So many times the bride's child assists in setting up the proposal, which I find adorable.  I am always thrilled when I see engagement photos including the kids, because it isn't just about you and your FI.  Its about you two AND your little one!  Congratulations!
  • Options
    I have two children from a previous marriage. I waffle on this same thing. I'm curious to read the responses. Great question.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I have finally asked our engagement photographer her opinion on the subject...we'll see what she thinks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards