Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Overwhelmed with joy!

New to the forum! Hello there, I'm Corey and just recently engaged for about a month now! My boyfriend/bestfriend of 6.5 years proposed to me on a family vacation that he tagged along on. We are both scuba divers and obsess over it daily so the trip revolved around diving of course. We had looked at rings but I had no idea he would lug it down to Mexico! He proposed underwater with a homemade "Will you marry me?:)" sign. I felt like I would drown I was so excited! ^.^ We are hoping for a May 26th wedding in Atlantis! Hopefully the ceremony will be at the Cloisters! Is it normal to feel completely overwhelmed at this point! I don't know where to start, we have been emailing Atlantis back and forth but who knew a little less than a year away seems like not enough time! Does anyone have any imput as far as having a memorial day weekend wedding? Most of the family is in the school system so we thought giving them the long weekend would make the travel easier with the extra day but maybe more money for flights... Looking forward to getting involved and chatting about the forum xo

Re: Overwhelmed with joy!

• Options
    Congrats! Definitely go lurk around the Desination Weddings board... you may even be able to find a bride who was married at your exact location. A year is plenty of time... we're doing it in 7 months.
    Congrats again!
  • Options
    Congrats!! That's plenty of time. My MOH got married after a 4 month engagement! I'd also check out the May 2013 board. My month board is super supportive! 
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!  Definitely check out the destination weddings board....I lurked there for a while because I thought about having a DW, and they are very nice and helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thanks all for the helpful tips! I'll go check out those boards! :)
  • Options
    Check out www. WeddingSalon.com! We produce luxury bridal shows throughout the country and will be having a show in NYC on November 5th, 2012! Its a great way to meet the TOP vendors of the area and get ideas for your upcoming wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards