Ohio-Northeast

quick fix for pimples

Help it's a week before my wedding and my face is breaking out so bad from all the stress! any quick fixes?

Re: quick fix for pimples

• KayH23KayH23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, that's no good! Dab some toothpaste on the pimple and keep it on overnight. Always works for me :) GL
  • KT82KT82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    soak a washcloth in hot water (not scalding hot, don't want to burn yourself!!), wring it out and lay it over your face. Do this for a few minutes and it should help to open your pores. then try using a toner or astringent to help dry out the pimples. then sit back and have a glass of wine to help releive the stress :)
  • edited December 2011
    I ABSOLUTELY refused to drink the Bare Minerals Kool-Aid until I had acne on the side of my face that wouldn't go away and my aunt let me borrow some of her Bare Minerals face wash and it went down within two days.  I think they have a spot treatment as well.  I tried the Aveda face wash for like two months and it just made me break out.  If you can, I'd go get a facial because they get rid of all the stuff under the skin.  I am doing one a week before our wedding.  Plus, it is relaxing! 
  • edited December 2011
    Getting a facial a week before the wedding is the worst thing you can do!  Most people tend to break out shortly after a facial.  Head up to Sephora and get some Boscia Willow Bark Breakout Treatment- Also, ask them if they can demo the Thermaclear on your acne, that thing does wonders!
  • edited December 2011
    I second toothpaste. I get the under the skin bad ones and it always helps.
  • vmcelhanvmcelhan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this is absolutely terrible for your skin, but it takes mine away in a matter of hours.  91% rubbing alcohol, god awful sounding i know, but if it's an emergency, it's better than a nasty looking zit IMO.  it's most effective right after the pimple is popped or opened.  i soak a Q-tip with it and then press it directly on the opening.  it'll sting a little but it definitely works, harsh, but effective.  and i definitely agree with pp, grab a glass of wine and relax!
  • edited December 2011
    I just got back from the stre and bought "On-the-spot" treatment from neutragena.....I'll let you know if it works. If not I will be trying the toothpast or alcohol myself....lol
  • edited December 2011
    I did a test-run facial at the spa I'm using for the day of and it was fine a week later.  It probably depends on the type of facial you get/the products. 
  • edited December 2011
    I still get acne a lot. I find that I must use products with benzoyl peroxide. The ones with salicylic acid do not work. For on the spot treatment I use Persa Gel by Clear and Clear. You can get at any drug store. I put it on at night when I go to bed and the pimples are gone in 2 days.
  • edited December 2011
    If you know anyone that has proactive, I would use that. It always work fast for me and if you do it in the morning and night for the next week, your face should clear up by the wedding.
  • dalandreadalandrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, everyone's skin is different, so different things are going to work for you. I use Oil Free Acne Wash from Nutragena and Clean and Clear Advantage Mark Treatment. Both have salycic acid instead of benzol peroxide. Benzol peroxide can be too drying, which can make your skin over-produce oil, making you break out more. If it's really bad, I would try making an emergency appointment with a dermatologist. They are going to be able to tell you what will work best for your skin. But definately- Relax!! (of course I fully realize this is easier said than done)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Make a thick paste of baking soda and water apply it to the problem areas right before bed. The redness and inflamation will almost be gone in the morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards