Just Engaged and Proposals

Birthday proposal!

Hi girls!  I'm newly engaged and wanted to say hi and introduce myself!

My fiance and I met when I was a sophmore and he was a junior in college.  When we met it was instant best friends and love.  We've been through a lot together.  We  even spent 2 years of our relationship living in different states and at times not seeing eachother for months at a time.  We're a strong couple that really enjoy each other's company and never stop laughing with each other.  Although we'll be a somewhat young couple, 24 and 25, when we get married, we've in a way grown up together and I can't wait to begin my life with him.

Our proposal story:

My man is filled to the brim with one liners and when we first started dating I got one bad pick up after the other and lucky for him I find them highly amusing.  This tid bit will come back in a bit.  He knew I was getting suspicious and tried to get me off his trail.  So it was my birthday, which to me, is a mini-holiday.  I spent the day with my parents and was going to go to dinner with my lovely boyfriend that night.  I was prepared for a lovely birthday and was thoroughly enjoying my day.  We went to a restaurant on a marina in Boston and had a lovely dinner.  After dinner, he said that he wanted to take a walk along the pier.  Later I found out, he hadn't even scoped out the restaurant yet and was playing the engagement by ear.  Then he decided he wanted to go over to a little beachy area that was on the shore.  There was a lot of little rocks over there and he asked me if I knew how to skip rocks.  So we began skipping rocks and he was helping me fine tune my skills.  I began looking for good rock skipping rocks and was looking at the ground saying "Is this a good rock?" over and over again.  While I was concentrating on my rock skipping, he got down on one knee behind me.  I turned around and he said 'How about this rock?' I got one more one-liner out of him and it was perfect for us.  I love my future hubby so much and will always remember how handsome he looked like down on one knee.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards