Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Joining you all in Bride-to-be Glory!

Hi everyone! 

I have been a lurker on here for a little while feeling that our engagement was coming. and now i can Officially introduce myself to you all! 

Now for our engagement story.

My FI and I ahve known each other for 8 years this August. we met in highshool, have been dating for almost two years so talking marriage and engagements is not out of the norm for us. So yesterday we had gone out for lunch and when we came home he told me there was something up in our bedroom for me but I had to find it. So we went up and i started with the 3rd degree and asked if it was in the closet, under the bed, between the mattress the whole 9 to which he responded I had to look. So we played the Hot/Cold/Hide and seek game and when I found it let out a squeel. At that point FI took my hand, and got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. The topper was that he asked my mom and step-dad for their blessing and when I found that out I really cried, Now we are planning our fall 2015 wedding.

Hope to get to know you all better! And congratulations to you all also!Laughing
Visit The Knot! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary Visit The Nest! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Joining you all in Bride-to-be Glory!

• Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • Options
    Congrats. My fiance did something like that -- he sent me on a scavenger hunt that had the prompts as part of a simple computer program he wrote and at the last step, he was hiding in one of our closets with the ring.

Random aside, but what happened to your dog? Is she okay but just had to be rehomed?

• Options
    Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, It is still siking in that we are engaged, ive slipped and called him my boyfriend a few times...lol.. Laughing

ahstillwell She had to be rehomed, after we had her for about a month our land loard told us we could not infact have the dog. So we gave her to a family friend. She is happy but we miss her!
    Visit The Knot! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary Visit The Nest! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_joining-you-all-in-bride-to-be-glory?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:5fc90b1c-dd23-4892-86a4-f68d34d5ad12Post:204e46ad-2112-4810-8350-445183517d34">Re: Joining you all in Bride-to-be Glory!</a>:
    [QUOTE]She had to be rehomed, after we had her for about a month our land loard told us we could not infact have the dog. So we gave her to a family friend. She is happy but we miss her!
    Posted by lostinlove032911[/QUOTE]

That's really, really lame. If the landlord said that she was fine in the first place, he shouldn't go and change his mind. Not cool.

• Options
    I clearly should have been sedated...lol.. i was a mess.. but We know shes happy so it makes it a little better 
  • Options
    hello all let me share my story if I may I met my fiancé john 2 years ago but we were both in relationships and he didn't really know except as his sisters friend  but ..yeah the relationships  didn't work out  and I always thought he was kinda cute but he was my best friends brother  well at her baby shower 7 months ago his sister and  mother were like oh you know  since your single john is single why don't you talk t him I was like I don't know  but I sat next to him and we talked about music  movies and  other things we liked we really hit it off that night we talked for hours on end and he was afraid to take a chance  because I have a child  shes 3  well he did and  on valentines day he took me to the restaurant we had our first date and handed me a card  it was beautiful then he grabbed my hand  due to his foot injury he couldn't get down on one knee nut I don't care it was still beautiful he told me how much he loved me and couldn't wait to be a family w me and my daughter and then he pulled out a beautiful onyx and garnet ring and said will you marry me I looked at the ring then him and said  was he kidding me  then when I realized he was serious I cried and said yes we both agreed on a june 25 2014 wedding june 25 also happens to be my b day 
  • Options
    Hello! I too am a newly engaged! actually this last week to be exact! My fiancé and I have known each other for about 8 years and then just over Thanksgiving decided to move to dating and then to engaged! We knew what we wanted and that it was each other and we couldn't believe how much we had in common. We are a pretty young couple but he's in the Marines has been for 10 months and people always tell us well maybe you should wait and get to know each other. Yea? Hows that going to happen when I live here, he lives in NC and we skype every night. We aren't going to spend $1000's on plane tickets to drag this out for another couple years! But enough ranting. He is such an amazing man I am blessed! He used to do theater as a major hobby when he was home and he took me there one night and he talked about all the history in the place and how much it meant to him. Then he looked at me and started talking about how much we've already been through and that sometimes it's going to be very hard but he wants to go through everything with me. he said some more very personal things and got down on one knee and told me he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. And Told me he wants me to be his bride, all I have to say is yes!!! WELL OF COURSE I SAID YES!!!  He got to talk to my father the day prior and my father had some fun with it! but I know we are doing great and being young together is awesome. We will be able to go through some of lifes crazy adventures together 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards