Ohio-Northeast

Troy Entertainment

Has anyone used Troy Entertainment? We met with Pete and I think we're going with them. It was between them and TKO but TKO is def more expensive! Any insight? :)

Re: Troy Entertainment

• edited December 2011
    I'm not booking a DJ because I have a friend/DJ - but I went to a wedding where Troy was the DJ and it was a lot of fun. He plays a mix of old songs, songs you can only dance to at weddings, and new music. The dance floor was packed pretty much the entire time and he has fun lighting I think. The only thing I didn't like about him was that he has outfits for guys to wear during YMCA, etc. He's not the DJ who's going to sit back and chill the whole time, but I think he had me doing the chicken dance at one point so I guess he knows how to do his job! hope this helps!
  • jenpt2006jenpt2006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Troy Entertainment for our wedding and couldn't have been happier. They really try to listen to what you what. They do have props or songs (I know I remember seeing feather boas at one point as well as hats). However, if you don't want them to use them, just tell them. We told them to feel out our crowd and do what they thought best. With all the kids we had at our wedding it was great. Just let them know what you want or don't want. We left everything up to them (I don't think we really had a don't play list or a must play) and the dance floor was packed all night.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using them as well and so far it has been great.  TKO actually recommends Troy if you're looking for something that isn't quite as pricey.  We specifically said no YMCA and the same as PP with regards to props.  They have a great online planning tool that let us make the decisions on our own.  When we met with them it was easy since they already had all our info!  My weddings in less than 2 weeks so I'll let you know more in my vendor reviews in a few weeks!
  • lpalladlpallad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked Troy entertainment also :) And Pete is doing our wedding :) I really like the website feature they give you to plan and Im excited to use them!! :)
  • mocklerjamocklerja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Troy for our DJ.  They came recommended from a girlfriend of mine who used them (her sister and brother also used them).  We are setting up time to talk to them about our playlist and make sure everything is settled this week for our wedding at the end of the month.  Their online planning was a real help...I think I would never have finished picking the playlist or known where to start without it!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards