Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engaged as of three days ago!

Last Saturday my boyfriend proposed in front of my family, and I said yes!

Here's a bit of background information:

My boyfriend and I went to his home state of Colorado for the holidays. I'm from Montreal, Canada. We got back January 8 and so my family wanted to have a Christmas dinner with me and my now fiancé so to celebrate Christmas [which also happens to be my birthday!], and so we went there for dinner and presents and all was delicious and great!

After dinner, my stepmother started filming from the camera my dad bought her for Christmas. I didn't make much of it until I caught sight of my dad nodding at my boyfriend. I thought something was weird, because earlier on we were watching the 49-ers vs. Saints football game on TV, and I went to the washroom. When I came back my father and boyfriend were gone into the garage. I wasn't sure whether I should go in or not, so I decided to stay out andw atch the game while telling my sister about my recent travels to Colorado.

Anyways, after my father nodded at my boyfirned, he smacked his hands on the table and my boyfirned did the same, then took my hand, smiled at me, then got down on one knee and proposed!

I was floored. I didn't know how to react...so the video is composed of him giving his speech, and me laughing nervously the entire time! Ahhh! :)

Now, we want to get married the summer of next year [Summer 2013] in Colorado. When/Where do I start planning all of this?!

We want  a relatively small wedding consisting of no more than 100 people, outdoors somewhere in the mountains [thinking Estes park, or Red Rocks!]...thing is I don't know how soon to reserve these things, and how to go about doing all this from a distance for now... How long does it take to get all this together?

Help! Haha! :)

Re: Engaged as of three days ago!

• Options
    Congrats and welcome! 

Ditto Edie - figure out your budget and guest list first. The two are pretty intertwined since your budget will often determine your guest list, and the guest list will determine how much a lot of vendors will charge you. Then get your venue, and other important vendors (photographer, DJ, etc).
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards