Just Engaged and Proposals

Question regarding rings

My boyfriend and I have been looking at rings lately. He wants to buy the ring but money is tight for him. I found a ring that I loved at a jewelry store that was 3800.00 for the set. After just messing around on the internet I found the same exact ring online from a place called front jewelers  that is a jewerly store in florida (we live in colorado) for 2240.00 The clarity and color is the same and I had my sister look at the rest of the information regarding it because she used to manage a Kay Jewelers and buys rings on ebay to resell them all the time to make sure it wasn't a bad ring. Im just wondering if anyone has gotten there ring online before or heard of this store? Any opinions regarding store vs online would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Congrats to everyone.
Its a girl!! Cameron Rae born 1/8/13 @ 501am Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Question regarding rings

• slubkinslubkin member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    We bought all three rings on ebay- engagement ring is a vintage 1950's solitaire, wedding band is a vintage 1920's band with channel-set diamonds from a different seller, and his band was from a third seller who specializes in tungsten carbide rings because he really wanted a black ceramic tungsten carbide ring (he's a mechanic so he needed something non-conductive).  Both of the vintage rings I got appraised for at least twice what I paid for them!  Personally I prefer vintage jewelry when I can get it because often the quality is much better for the price.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • My FI bought my e-ring on bluenile.com. He built it for me, picked out the style of band, diamond shape and actually got to pick which diamond to use. They give you a list of diamonds, ranging in size and clarity, and you pick which one you use in the ring. They shipped very fast, like within 4 days and when I needed it resized (he got it a size too big), it was back within a week and a half.

They don't have any kind of warranty besides the 30 day return thing, so we have to get insurance. If you need a warranty, there are other online jewelry stores that provide one. I would suppose as long as its' a reputable shop, there really isn't much difference to online vs. brick and mortar. :shrugs:
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

• As long as you know its a reliable site, its fine to buy rings online, like pp's above, its quite common
  • Do you really want diamond? Because you can get moissanite, and its a lot cheaper...try Moissaniteco.com...google the differences between moissanite and diamond...its pretty amazing how close it is to diamond:)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_question-regarding-rings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:731104c6-f7d8-40dd-b8b5-074cd5d12a9bPost:08156d75-4017-4221-b47f-0179a4a09eb3">Re: Question regarding rings</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you really want diamond? Because you can get moissanite, and its a lot cheaper...try Moissaniteco.com...google the differences between moissanite and diamond...its pretty amazing how close it is to diamond:)
    Posted by Amanda+Adaam[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Plus, the price of moissanite isn't artifically inflated according to DeBeers, and you don't have to worry about some African war lord making a profit off of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards