Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Fiance has made a romantic out of me!!

I seriously never saw myself getting married but my now fiance changed that! I met my fiance, Alex, at school where we had a class together. My first initial impression of him was I thought he was gay! As it turns out he had a gf and we became friends. Over time we began to realize we had feelings for each other which made the situation very difficult. Eventually we ended up together and lost friends on both sides from our unconventional beginning. I told myself so long as my heart was in the right place that I could not do any wrong. 

About a month and half into dating we went with a group of friends up to Tahoe a week before returning to school. The weather was really bad and we were in a really bad car accident. Alex fortunately walked away with a few bumps and scratches. I wasn't so lucky. Upon impact with the tree I smashed my head against the window and received a gash on the back of my head which knocked me out. Because I was wearing my seat belt my door caved into me and I broke my pelvis in four places. When I came to, Alex helped keep me calm while we waited for the paramedics. I had to be cut out the car, which was completely totaled, and transferred to the hospital 40 miles away. 

Once at the hospital, Alex stayed by my side. He asked my parents if he could help me at home and school. I returned to school the next week in a wheelchair and heavily medicated. For the next 6 months I had to be chaperoned to and from school and go to many appointments. Alex was there for everything. Every single doctor's appointment and physical therapist appointment Alex was there. He slept on my floor for three months to help me in the middle of the night when I needed to use the bathroom.

Thanks to my family and Alex I recovered completely. For our second Valentine's Day Alex proposed to me in JC Penney's, the very store my mother worked at for eight years! The mood was like the proposal scene between Reese Witherspoon and Patrick Dempsey from Sweet Home Alabama!! With my mom recording, Alex got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. With how much he was there for me and had seen me at my absolute worst and still looked at me with such adoration and love, I knew that this was the man that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with!

Alex and I are very excited about our upcoming wedding! We have to wait awhile but we already have things set for the big day. I'm really sorry about how long this is, if you made it this far thank you so much! I just wanted to share the joy and happiness that I feel every time I look at him!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards