Just Engaged and Proposals

Booking photographer before Christmas

Wasn't too sure where to put this....JUST got engaged on Christmas and still learning my way around the boards... :)

Here is my dilemma. We have picked a date- December 22, 2012. (12.22.12. LOVE IT) We are meeting with the pastor January 12 to finalize. I am NOT willing to sacrifice on the pastor...we have both grown up going to church together, he did our confirmation,  and baptized me!  BUT I found a perfect photographer. Amazing pictures, prices, and personality. She told me she already has wedding booked for 2013-my date is just one of the few she has left for next year. 

How can I "hold" my spot? Obviously I have my heart set on 12.22.12 but understand it may need to change if it doesn't work out with the pastor. So what do I tell the photographer? 

Re: Booking photographer before Christmas

• If you can't finalize with the pastor now then ask if you can put down a small deposit ($20) with the photographer and explain your situation with the pastor.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Make sure that you are touching base with your "must haves" - immediate family, g'parents, WP, etc to make sure they are available also.  Keep in mind that you are choosing the weekend just prior to Christmas and a lot of families use that to visit one set of parents or the other.  I can see where some people may not be able to work that out for you.

I know you are in love with the date, but don't get so wrapped up in the pastor and photographer that you ignore what will work for your must-have, non-negotiable people in both families.
  • Ditto PP. Can't your pastor look at his/her schedule right now and at least tell you over the phone if they're available that date? That way, you can go ahead and book the photographer for sure.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I would try to get that information from your pastor now before meeting. He should know.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Put a small deposit down with your photographer
  • Thank you for your help, I called the pastor and confirmed and was able to book the photographer I wanted also!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards