Ohio-Northeast
Options

Bloom's Brides

Hi ladies, I know a few of you out there have used Blooms by Plantscaping and I was wondering if you could let me know how they compared as far as pricing to other quotes you received and how flexible they are with working with your budget.  I have a meeting with Arnie tonight and I just want to set my expectations properly (there's been a few times that I've gotten WAY too excited about a florist and got let down HARD because they weren't really willing to work with me as far as my budget).  TIA! :)

Re: Bloom's Brides

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I told Arne my budget and he laughed but it was completely unrealistic and i kind of knew that.  I also saw creations by lynn and I think Blooms was a little less than Lynn.  Also, what I personally liked about Arne is that he won't do what you want, he does what looks good.  So you tell him what you want and he tells you how to do it so it looks good. 
  • Options
    devinandheididevinandheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jefisher - you hit the nail on the head. Arne's awesome about taking in your thoughts and making it a vision and also not being afraid to tell you how it could really be. Once you get your proposal, you can also see where it can be tweaked to add in more of things that are more important or take out the things you can do without. Have FUN!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I cannot agree more!!!  I just had my consult with him a few weeks ago, and he took my thoughts out of my head and put them onto paper!  He was amazing, but, my budget was $3000, and so far, what he wants to do is around $4500.  Way too much, so now I am freaking out.  Definitely tell him the max you want to spend and that you absolutely cannot go any higher!!!Good luckLauren
  • Options
    devinandheididevinandheidi member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    don't forget to add in tax and delivery btw!
  • Options
    kmbeyerkmbeyer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You must, must stick to your budget with Arnie. He forgot to write mine down and quoted me 1200 but when I got the proposal it was way more than that. I called and he did what he could to bring it down. Finally I gave in and told him what I wanted to keep the same and what he could "take artistic creativity" with and he did fabulous. I am looking foward to working with him because out of everyone I met with I feel like he is the most experienced, knowledgable, and detail oriented person. gl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We knew what we wanted and went in with our budget in mind, but we didn't say anything to Arnie. We ended up scrapping a $200 flower ball that we were interested in using, but cost too much and at the end we didn't need anyway. I thought for the price, service, and hoesty Arnie was WAY better than everyone else we met. He suggested bows for the bouquets, which I hate and when I suggested srteamers at the bottom he made a joke and we ended up just tucking the ribbon into each bouwuet. The big thing I really liked about Arnie is his combination of professionalism as well as ability to make you feel at ease/friendly demeanor. Overall he is a smart, creative business man whose prices are comparable and work is amazing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards