Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Just Engaged!!!! Book Advice?

My FIANCE (!) just proposed on 4/13 and I'm so excited and happy!!!
I have no idea where to even begin planning. Do any of you ladies have any suggestions for some wedding planning books that could help me start? Our wedding will probably be around NYC area. Thanks for any help you can give!

Re: Just Engaged!!!! Book Advice?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I used the planning tool on here as a reference.  You and your FI should first set a budget, then date, then venue.  After you get those set, that's when the planning tool comes in handy.  Remember that you don't need everything the tool and other planners say you do.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I actually got a magazine at a bridal show that had a planner in the back. I cut the pages out and turned it into a planning binder. You don't need anything elaborate! The binder is great too because I can put all my contracts, contact info, pamphlets, etc in it to keep it all together.

The planning tool here is good too - just all online and I prefer a hard copy of things.

Congrats on your engagement!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Congratulations!!

My cousin got us the "Wedding Planning & Organizer" by Mindy Weiss and it is AMAZING!! It has EVERYTHING you could possibly need and lays it out in a clear manner.
    It also has a timeline of when you should be getting things done, how to budget, who to invite, EVERYTHING!
    I highly recommend it. I'm one of those girls who has no idea where to start and it is fantastic. It also includes a day of planner and schedule which I know will come in handy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_just-engaged-book-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:89eec3ab-e491-4d85-a3b3-d848e21f133ePost:2736acea-c9f7-4433-a63a-1bb531e0f25c">Re: Just Engaged!!!! Book Advice?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations!! My cousin got us the "Wedding Planning & Organizer" by Mindy Weiss and it is AMAZING!! It has EVERYTHING you could possibly need and lays it out in a clear manner. It also has a timeline of when you should be getting things done, how to budget, who to invite, EVERYTHING! I highly recommend it. I'm one of those girls who has no idea where to start and it is fantastic. It also includes a day of planner and schedule which I know will come in handy.
    Posted by julib33[/QUOTE]

I have this planner, too & LOVE it.  I also have the book that goes with it (The Wedding Book by Mindy Weiss).  Both are extremely helpful.  I bought them bundled together on Amazon for about half the price I originally found them for at B&N.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    "A Practical Wedding" by Meg Keene.

It's more like a regular book than a planning book, per se, but it has amazing advice about planning the wedding AND the marriage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards