Just Engaged and Proposals

He took me for a ride on his big red tractor...

My FI and I have been engaged for a little while now, but I just haven't shared our engagement story yet.  So here goes ...

According to many of our friends and relatives we went about getting engaged entirely the wrong way, but we really don't care.  As two adults who are very much in love and want to get married and spend our lives together, we made the decision to get engaged and begin planning our wedding this past spring after I graduated from college.  The week after I finished student teaching my FI took me ring shopping and together we chose the most beautiful, vintage style ring and my FI purchased it that day.  

He told me he wanted to hold onto the ring and propose to me in a more "traditional way" instead of just giving me the ring since so many people were telling him that that was the way he needed to do it.  I was a little miffed at first that he was listening to other peoples opinions instead of just doing what we wanted to do.  

A few months later we went to his hometown for a week to visit his family.  His dad owns a cattle farm and the last night we were there visiting he took me for a tractor ride on his favorite tractor (And its a big red one since his dad loves International Harvester)  and asked me to marry him.  I cried and laughed the entire time while it was happening ... He even closed the ring box and put it back in his pocket b/c I was laughing so hard ... But I was laughing at the fact that I was crying so hard and I had told myself over and over that I wasn't going to cry when he finally proposed.  But it was awesome and in the end I'm glad that he held onto the ring and surprised me like that.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards