Just Engaged and Proposals

Wedding Dates

Hey all!

I just got engaged on March 26th, which is very exciting but as a student I'm in the midst of exams currently.  Since I'm a student and have 2 years left of school (final exams will be April 2012), my fiance and I are waiting until I'm done school.

When we first got engaged, we thought it would be cute to get married in 2013 on our current anniversary, October 5.  After doing some research and discovering that October is apparently the new June and that it's more costly to get married between May and October, we thought of maybe changing the date and bumped it up to late April 2013.  However, when I've been telling people lately our date, they have been questioning the year because 13 is considered an unlucky number.

This has all made me nervous and confused.  Originally I was planning a fall wedding and then went on to picturing a spring one (and got pretty far into my ideas, even had found my favours and everything!).  Now I'm reconsidering everything and am thinking perhaps November 2012 to avoid the associated unluckiness of 2013.

So here are my questions: 1.  Does anyone else think that 2013 may be a slow year for weddings because superstition and would you get married in 2013?
2. My concern about November is that I live in the Toronto area and November can sometimes mean snow, and lots of it.  I definitely do not want a winter wedding.  Anyone else getting married (or got married) in a month that was kind of in between seasons?  Were you worried about the possibility of snow?

Sorry for the long post!

Re: Wedding Dates

• dont worry about it. I highly doubt a whole generation of brides are going to wait to get married simply because its year 13. Now, if you are superstitious and were thinking of getting married on April 13, 2013-then avoid that date. But otherwise, change your wedding date simply because of the number. Get married when you want to get married!
  • No I wouldn't worry at all about getting married in 2013 and can guarantee millions of brides will be getting married that year. Getting married that year doesnt mean your marriage will have bad luck. I would have no problem planning a wedding that year.
    As far as the snow, unless you are planning on getting maried outside it probably isn't that huge of an issue. Traveling to/from the venue wont be ideal if the roads are slick but you wont be the one driving anyway so I'm sure it will be just fine.
  • I also just got engaged and have 2 years left of school. We are waiting until after i graduate, 2012, and having it in October because we both love that month. It may be in the midst of grad school but hopefully everything will work out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards