Just Engaged and Proposals

Surprise B-Day Proposal!

After spending my b-day at my favorite museum (along with plenty of other surprises and fun) we arrive to the top-floor gallery when they were about to close. I said that it wasn’t actually my favorite room and maybe we could hurry to the gift shop. FI was messing with my phone to see when the new exhibit would start and he hands it to me and says to check my email – he had posted to a private blog where he writes his thoughts to me. He sits me down while I read it, a bit confused how he posted it while we were out, and at the bottom it says “there’s something I’ve been dying to ask you….” He gets down on his knee but right then the guard says “I know it’s bad timing but I have to do my job, you need to leave.” GASP! FI argues that he had it reserved a bit later, but we go ahead and leave and walk over  to where he had reserved the entire upper terrace of the museum’s rooftop restaurant, complete with enough flowers to rival most weddings and a 10 course menu and wine pairings made from my taste preferences.  After expressing my surprise (I thought we were eating somewhere) and awkwardly getting situated at our table I sit down and encourage him to start over. I read the bottom line of his blog aloud while he gets on his knee again. He says he can’t imagine spending another moment of his life without me and asks me to marry him! He really went all out to surprise me and make my day perfect! We spent the evening outside in the beautiful weather, calling our families, drinking wine and taking pictures. Ahhhh J

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards