Ohio-Northeast
Options

Unique, Simple Ceremony/Reception Venue?

Hello, everyone!My FI and I are really just beginning the planning stages of our wedding, but we know that the Cleveland area (preferably Western Cleveland) is where we want to get married.We love Once Wed, a wedding blog featuring lots of vintage and DIY elements, and we're on a strict budget, so we're not too keen on the giant reception hall idea.We'd like a place where we can have an outdoor ceremony, then move indoors (or to a tent??) for an hors d'oeuvres hour(ish) while we tie up the formal wedding photos, then serve a buffet dinner and have a few hours of dancing.What's got me worried is that while I love the idea of setting up a gorgeous tent outdoors (which can be lots cheaper than renting a space), how on earth do you plan for weather issues?If we DO have an indoor location for the reception, we want it light, airy, and simple. Definitely none of the over-swanked banquet halls, filled with mirrors and overly gaudy chandeliers. We have a lot of whimsical touches that we want to be able to add, and we don't want to have to compete with stuffy decor.(We're also on a pretty tight budget, though who isn't these days?)Any ideas out there in the Greater Cleveland world?

Re: Unique, Simple Ceremony/Reception Venue?

• Options
    ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests are you talking? The West side is a bit more limited on venues with indoor/outdoor options. Here are a few to check out… St. Clarence pavilion Rose Café at Lakeview Beach Oberlin Inn Deluca’s has a pavilion area For a “manor house” or feel with indoor/outdoor check (E and SE side) Manakiki Ballroom Lake Forrest CC – Hudson OH The Union Club of Cleveland (not sure on outdoor) Club Hillbrook More Rustic/neutral - Orchard Hills at Patterson Fruit farm Pine Ridge CC Conrad Botzum Farmstead Again - not sure what "budget" you have in mind...but heres a start! Also - tented receptions are not always cheaper since the amount of rentals and coordination can increase the cost greatly. HTH!
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Terrace at Big Met Grill in Fairview park is in the Metroparks and has a lovely indoor space with huge door/windows that open onto a patio. Would be great for an indoor/outdoor feel. The hall s lodge-like.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ange1023Ange1023 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only know East side. I visited Sun Valley Banquet Center in Aurora.  They are reasonably priced and they have a nice area to get married outside and the banquet hall is low key and more rustic.  http://www.sunvalleypartycenter.com/
  • Options
    starshine985starshine985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could also take a look at the Irish American Club or the German American Club
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jaylii9jaylii9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you will really like the look and feel of Hale Farm! http://www.wrhs.org/index.php/hale/RentIt is not on the west side of Cleveland, but I think it has the feel you are looking for! This was a location that we considered, but ended up booking Manakiki. I would also check out the park systems: Cleveland Metroparks, Lake County Metro Parks (holden Arboretum or Penetentiary Glen), Cuyahoga Valley National Parks etc...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The City Club downtown is very clean and adapts well to any style.  Micki is fabulous and would work with you on a price.  Pictures of my wedding in my bio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all! I'll certainly be looking into them! Big Met Grille certainly looks like I should take a visitI'm looking to have between 100 and 150 guests, and my total wedding budget is between $8,000-$10,000. It's going to be tough. Thanks for your help though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards