Just Engaged and Proposals

Re: Deleted

• edited July 2012
    How old are you? Honestly, your post makes you sound really immature. That's just the way you're coming across.

First, I think wanting a different ring to impress your family is not a good reason to get one. It's a material item.

Second, I think it might hurt FI's feelings to tell him you want a nicer/bigger/more expensive ring.

Third, I think you two need to get on the same page about money and spending. Do you have joint accounts? How do you normally decide on and discuss large purchases? FWIW, I don't think anyone "deserves" a more expensive ring OR an XBox. Those are luxury items. If you can afford them, fine. But that isn't something we can decide on here.

You and FI need to look at your finances and see if you can afford the XBox. I would be hesitant to bring up the ring, not because of money, but because it may hurt his feelings and he may feel like the ring he got you isn't good enough.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_greedy-jealous-guilty-fiancee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:9b499056-b695-4c00-a292-2123b31b6e72Post:fd70161a-57ea-431b-a8f0-db9c0ff3b696">Re: Greedy Jealous Guilty Fiancee</a>:
    [QUOTE]How old are you? Honestly, your post makes you sound really immature. That's just the way you're coming across. First, I think wanting a different ring to impress your family is not a good reason to get one. It's a material item. Second, I think it might hurt FI's feelings to tell him you want a nicer/bigger/more expensive ring. Third, I think you two need to get on the same page about money and spending. Do you have joint accounts? How do you normally decide on and discuss large purchases? FWIW, I don't think anyone "deserves" a more expensive ring OR an XBox. Those are luxury items. If you can afford them, fine. But that isn't something we can decide on here. You and FI need to look at your finances and see if you can afford the XBox. I would be hesitant to bring up the ring, not because of money, but because it may hurt his feelings and he may feel like the ring he got you isn't good enough.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

I agree with this post. Yes you sound greedy and no neither of you "deserve" anything. You also mentioned that the ring was purchased on a credit card. So does that mean you cannot afford it right out? Buying something like an Xbox or engagement should NOT be done unless you can afford it. They are luxuries as Summer2011Bride mentioned and should only be purchased when you are financially stable.

You should have a very serious and honest conversation about finances and straighten things out BEFORE you get married. Finances and money issues are among the top issues/arguments couples have (married or not).

As Summer2011Bride asked, how old are the two of you? Are you two really ready for something as serious and long-term as marriage?
  • Why did you delete? You didn't delete your post over on CC...or is that coming too?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards