Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Finally!

Well I finally am engaged to my best friend and don't have to hide my knot obsession! I held off posting because things weren't official but couldn't be more excited to share with all of you! We've been together for 5 years now, so most people responded with "finally!" haha... Everyone is pressng us to set a date, but we know we'll be moving summer 2010 and are unsure where we'll be (we are finishing up graduate school). We aren't tied to any geographic location. We are thinking an outdoor DIY wedding right now. Thoughts about locations? How do we begin? Thanks Knotties! 

Re: Finally!

• Options
    First of all congrats!  As far as locations go, you might try your local board first.  Otherwise, start setting up appointments when you're ready and start scouting.  But take your time and enjoy being engaged. 

I would set a date/general budget first and then start scouting venues and photographers.  After that, it will all start falling into place.
  • Options
    Congrats!

Yup, once you decide on a location, you can start getting the main things booked such as photographer & videographer, cake maker, florist, etc.

Good luck with the planning!
  • Options
    Congrats and there is no need to rush. You can always have alonger engagement like 2 years or something along those lines so you can finish up school and not add extra stress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards